PDA

View Full Version : paint color..1 million problems

radrambler
02-17-2005, 07:26 PM
hey guys

trying to decide on paint color/scheme ....AND ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!!
anybody think they have an idea...tell me what you think
im trying to stay with something that will not make the car to flashy or trying to hard to fit in...ie graphics/stripes..
ive had spray out sheets made for the aqua color in 69..i kinda like it...almost consider the original green..mixed feedback from friends....69myway said silver
.im using white interior.... the car is different than most , ..oh and dark colors are out.....light to med colors only....mabe two tone
well ///im game for input

radrambler

p.s. bad pic i know. pic is before suspension done ..about ride height in front

jonny51
02-17-2005, 07:45 PM
I like that original color.That car is going to be flashy no matter what. :D

Keith
02-17-2005, 07:58 PM
Hate to admit it but I like the original color too.

radrambler
02-17-2005, 08:02 PM
thanks for input....do you like the white roof also???????.......
im putting the car on the ground this weekend (just finished suspension its on jacks)..so more pics coming this weekend.......

radrambler

spaztikatik
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
Volvo just put a new color out for their 2004 S60R and V70R models called 'Flash green metallic'. It's a little bright, but I think a two-tone with your original green would look gorgeous, IMO.

c.schulz
02-17-2005, 08:03 PM
I like that original color.That car is going to be flashy no matter what. :D
I do agree. :)
Chris

907rs
02-17-2005, 08:43 PM
thanks for input....do you like the white roof also???????.......
im putting the car on the ground this weekend (just finished suspension its on jacks)..so more pics coming this weekend.......

radrambler

I don't know about the white roof. I think I'd go monotone on this one.

Steve Chryssos
02-17-2005, 08:58 PM
What would Foose do?

Ummgawa
02-18-2005, 06:46 AM
WWFD?

Make some phone calls, draw a wicked picture. Then get twelve of the bestest newest friends he has ever had to rebuild it while some dork makes up some stupid theft scenario and a good looking skinny gal makes us all wonder. why is she in the way? :D

69MyWay
02-18-2005, 09:00 AM
I like super light silver with a possible hint of the stock green metalic added in to the base mix, or as a pearl in the top coat. I think the roof should be the same color as the body.

I like the idea of breaking up the body along the main line with a splash of the stock green color then trimming out the calipers, QA1s, intake grooves, acc. brackets, etc. in the green. You could also two tone the dash and or do the inner door panels in the green. The white interior is going to be hard to work with on about any color.

jonny51
02-18-2005, 12:28 PM
White roof?I say no.

Musclerodz
02-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Two tone it at the beltline. Original color on bottom, white or white pearl on top. I wouldn't do the white roof either.

Another option. I think Lemans blue, Electron Blue, or that metallic blue on the new 350Z would look awesome with a white interior.

Mike

ScotI
02-27-2005, 09:42 PM
Original color w/off white roof. This car was 2-tone green & the off white (almost antique-white') really made a difference.

My vote is for 'As Cast' wheels vs. polished. Some AR SaltFlats would look killer or natural TT2's. Although the TT2's are kinda commom these days, theres still not many retro g-machines w/the as cast wheels. Maybe some 17" mini-lite style wheels?

A dare to be different car like yours begs for something very similar to the original colors.

radrambler
02-28-2005, 09:08 AM
i love that rambler !!!!thats very cool
thanks for your input....
i have debated this color thing with friends and my father..
father...he like the white tophalf down to body line then blue seperated by red and white pinstripe......attention getter but not loud.fits american theme.
some say silver some say brighter green....its a tough one..
i just want a combo (no solid colors) that will be attractive but not loud.
so im gonna have to make up my mind soon......

radrambler

rwhite692
02-28-2005, 05:08 PM
There is a medium, "limey" metallic green on the new Mustang that has a nice retro vibe to it, without being too loud... I personnally would keep the white roof, it helps to make the whole rig look longer/lower...IMHO, A good GM white to use for roofs is Olympic White from 1960, it's not too overly bright like "refrigerator white". Just my $.02 - Rob