Shaved Door Handles/Locks
Shaved Trunk Lock
Bumpers Modified to fit flush

The Interior isn't done yet, but...
80's Camaro Seats
Custom Console (Based on 80's Camaro)
Custom Dash Inserts
NICE Stereo W/CD changer, subs, etc.

Here are a few pics of the work in progress. Please excuse my poor digital camera skills! It seems to take the gleem off of paint. I haven't rubbed it out yet, but it's not nearly as full of orange peel as the pics seem to suggest.

By the way, cool forum! I've been on the Pro-Touring site for a while now, this one is at least as cool!

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

XcYZ
02-16-2005, 09:45 PM
Welcome, Bill. Cool project you have going, great color, too. :yes:

Any ideas on what size and style of wheel you're going to use?

907rs
02-16-2005, 11:16 PM
Welcome, Bill. you don't see many 442's in red, looks good.

Should be one kick-ass 'vert when complete!

hotwheels
02-17-2005, 02:30 AM
welcome to the site bill, that is one sweet ride........thanks a bunch for sharin those pics with us............hotwheels of turborides

ProTouring442
02-17-2005, 04:25 AM
Welcome, Bill. Cool project you have going, great color, too. :yes:

Any ideas on what size and style of wheel you're going to use?

I'm torn between something like Wheel Vintiques Billit Halibrand Kidney Bean style wheel, and their SS 1 style (like the Chevy SS rim). Either would be in 17". I haven't deciced which would fit the 'theme' of the car yet.

Shiny Side Up!
Bill

jonny51
02-17-2005, 01:08 PM
Welcome aboard,Nice car :thumbsup:

61Bubbletop
02-20-2005, 10:27 AM
Killer car...looking forward to more pictures and progress reports! :thumbsup:

spaztikatik
02-20-2005, 05:34 PM
And let us thank this man for refreshing a long-forgotten brand.

This car looks great, I couldn't handle the old-man convertible myself, but I can't wait to see what you'll do with it :thumbsup:

ProTouring442
02-27-2005, 07:15 AM
And let us thank this man for refreshing a long-forgotten brand.

This car looks great, I couldn't handle the old-man convertible myself, but I can't wait to see what you'll do with it :thumbsup:

Old Man?!?! Dang, I think I just aged! Anyhow, the car is going to be more "Touring" than race car. An "upscale performance car" if you will. I dunno, maybe a ProGT instead of ProTouring? Anyway, I must get back to work. Yesterday we fabbed the clutch linkage (all spherical rod ends) for a very nice feeling clutch. Wow does that reduce effort! Today I think I will start to install the Painless wire harness.

Thanks!
Bill
1972 442 "Inamorata"

spaztikatik
02-27-2005, 09:42 AM
hahaha, i didn't mean it as in you were old, i just view it as an old mans car because my grandfather owned one, my great grandfather owned one (when he was my grandfathers age) and my uncle had one, none 442's though :( cheap bastards... anyways, sorry if i offended, sounds great on the clutch, which painless harness did you choose to use?

ProTouring442
02-27-2005, 07:08 PM
hahaha, i didn't mean it as in you were old, i just view it as an old mans car because my grandfather owned one, my great grandfather owned one (when he was my grandfathers age) and my uncle had one, none 442's though :( cheap bastards... anyways, sorry if i offended, sounds great on the clutch, which painless harness did you choose to use?

No offense taken! I think you need to say something bad about my mother to offend me!

I used the 18 circut harness available through GM Performance Parts. I bought it 6 or so years ago, so I'm not even sure if they still sell it.

It was a busy day today :willy: Got the harness started. The booster in (79 T/A) And finished the clutch linkage (painted and installed it).

SeeYa!
Bill K
1972 442 "Inamorata"