PDA

View Full Version : Travis Engle (Daytonayellaz)

ProTouring442
07-16-2013, 01:26 PM
In December of last year, I contacted Travis about getting an engine. A price was worked out, and a deposit of $500.00 was sent. As everyone had informed me (and I should have taken this as a warning), it was very difficult to get in contact with Travis, but we managed to talk enough times that he let me know it would not be until the new year before he could get to my engine.

In January the area in which Travis lives was hit with severe rain, and Travis' place to work was severely flooded. But Travis told me he would still be able to get an engine out, and so I waited. Things happen, and since he is a one-man operation, I figured some leeway was in order (mistake number two).

It took the better part of February and March to get back into contact with Travis. Once in contact, Travis could give no estimation as to when he might be able to get an engine. I told him to keep looking, but that I would also start looking for an engine (mistake number 3). He said this was no problem, and that he would refund my deposit if I found an engine before he got back up and running. Having found an engine, on March 30th I asked for a refund.

Travis responded favorably, promising my refund would arrive shortly.

On April 22nd I sent an email asking if he had sent the check as I hadn't received it. Not surprisingly, given the paucity of communication thus far, I got no communication.

On May 13th, I sent another email, this one indicating that I was getting pretty peeved. I did get a response, indicating that, because of yet more flooding, he couldn't yet send me my refund.

On June 20th I sent an email saying I'd not heard a thing from him. Again, I got no response.

It's now approaching July 20th... and to tell the truth, I've had enough. I understand things have been rather a mess in the man's life, but that doesn't exempt him from the need to be a decent businessman. That deposit wasn't his money to spend. And now, I'm out $500 (the engine is actually for my father, and so it's actually his $500, but I am covering it because I told him to use Travis).

So, if there is anyone out there who can actually get some sort of response out of Travis, could you let him know I would like my $500.