PDA

View Full Version : year ones bash anybody?

radrambler
02-15-2005, 09:07 PM
hey guys ..wondering if anybod y is going to the year one deal in georgia in april????
overhaulin gang supposed to be there and they are having all kinds of goings on...

radrambler

Ummgawa
02-16-2005, 06:43 AM
Yep, I'm going.

radrambler
02-16-2005, 06:42 PM
very cool ...are you showing /racing /? and what is it

im just showing up

shayc5
02-16-2005, 07:44 PM
I'll be there also, to show and run a time at the dragstrip. ShayC5

PS- Jim look me up

MarkM66
02-16-2005, 07:48 PM
I'd like to go one of these years. Hopefully they'll change the date back to what they had. April seems to early to me.

Steve1968LS2
02-17-2005, 11:15 AM
I think I will be there on the mags dime :)

Look forward to meeting some of you!

907rs
02-17-2005, 11:53 AM
Steve, I've followed your build from the start. Absolutely beautiful! :thumbsup:

Welcome to the board, and congrats on the new job. It's gotta be nice to do what you love and get paid for it to boot!

lil427z
02-17-2005, 11:07 PM
i will be there . :thumbsup:

rick kirkindall

protouring70
02-19-2005, 08:56 PM
I hope to see alot of people from the sites down there. I had high hopes of mine being there. It won't but I will be there.
It sounds like it is going to be a blast!!!!!
:cheering:

Payton King
02-28-2005, 08:14 AM
My car will not be ready, but I will. I will go down just to check everone's ride.

69MyWay
02-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I think I will be there on the mags dime :)

Look forward to meeting some of you!

Dang! I won't be able to make it...but MAN would I love to see your car in person!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

69rs
03-10-2005, 12:26 PM
I'm planning to go, since it's only 30 minutes from my house. They put on a good show. They have a cruise-in once a month too.

69rs
04-22-2005, 11:26 PM
The first day at YR1 started out fine. Good weather, nice cars (Chicane, the Year One cars, the Goodmark Nova, and the cars of the mere mortals), car celebs (Chip Foose, Johnny Hunkins, Kevin Kng-YR1 pres., two of the guys from Barett-Jackson Car Search) then the rains came. I mean the heavens opened up! Nice, it hasn't rained in two weeks! Perfect timing. Well, Saturday and Sunday are supposed to be nice.

69rs
04-23-2005, 10:52 PM
The winner of the Year One Cup was a red 69 Pro-touring Camaro. I have pics but can't seem to download them.

69MyWay
04-24-2005, 03:59 AM
I can't wait to see the pics.

Are you not able to attach them to your post?

69rs
04-24-2005, 10:08 PM
I can't seem to get them out of Kodak Easyshare. :mad: I'll work on it.

907rs
04-25-2005, 12:45 AM
Jim, you should be able to upload the pictures directly from your picture program. Just click reply, when the reply to thread window opens, scroll down until you see manage attachments. Click that, click browse, then look for the pics on your hard drive, then upload.

69MyWay
04-25-2005, 04:08 AM
I can't seem to get them out of Kodak Easyshare. :mad: I'll work on it.

That's funny to me, because we have a Kodak Easy Share as well. I tell you that is the most UNeasy device I have ever hooked to the computer!!!!!!!

A friend of mine at work was shopping for a camera and was leaning to the Kodack Easy Share (KES for short). I tried to talk him out of it. He said consumer reports, etc. ranked it very high. He bought it. I have heard complaint after complaint from him since that his computer locks up during transfer, etc. etc. etc.

I love the quality of the photos, the flexibility of different types of photos that can be taken, but I HATE the difficulty in managing them to the computer.

I have to run the cord to the computer. Open the KES program on the computer. Once it is open I plug into the camera and turn the camera on. This will automatically initiate the download. It will then creat a new file folder under the KES folder with the title of the date it was transfered over.

One in there I then have to go to my docs, my pics, KES, the file folder of choice, right click on the picture I want, and "Open with" my photo editing softward that came on the computer. After I get it opened that way I can re-size to fit the forum specifications and save/rename the image. You will want to make sure it is saving it in as a .jpg because at least my photo editing software will try to save it as a .psf.

Anyway, GREAT picture taking camera, but a huge pain in the butt for the actual "sharing" part of the process! :willy:

Payton King
04-25-2005, 09:03 AM
Hey 69rs,

Sorry that I missed you in Ga. I had your cell number on a sticky on my Ricks book and my buddies were looking through it and it fell off somewhere...and I did not have access to a computer.

The Red camaro. Was it sitting next to a red 67 c10 truck? Was the guy's name Scott that owned the car? If it is I spoke with him for about 45 minutes.

69rs
04-25-2005, 12:22 PM
That's it Payton. Sorry I missed you. I was there when he pulled up and started getting it ready and he didn't seem real talkative, so I didn't want to bother him. I heard he has another Camaro about 5 weeks from completion that's nicer than this one!

XcYZ
04-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Here's the pic that Jim took. :thumbsup:

http://www.lateral-g.net/temp/yearonecup.jpg

69rs
04-25-2005, 12:54 PM
Thanks, Scott! :thumbsup: It was a decent lookin' ride. :yes: I have interior and engine shots, too. I know this crowd isn't interested in those. :rolleyes:
Decent looking?!? It was awesome!! :hail:

Payton King
04-25-2005, 12:56 PM
That was the one I thought it was. His other camaro is bagged.

protouring70
04-27-2005, 08:11 PM
Hey did any of you guys get to do the parade laps? That wasn't like any parade lap like I was expecting. Since my car wasn't done I rode with my brother in his '90 mustang. It was awesome, his has a 460 with an auto. and man I just can't describe how fun it was. And then I went for a ride in my friends car. It is an '86 greenish mustang, 5 sp, 302. And I have to admit the stick was a whole lot more fun. And by the way this Mustang got a photoshoot with 5.0 Mustang.
All I have to say is if you didn't get to do the Parade laps or if you didn't get to do the wet autocross you missed out!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the best time i have ever had at a carshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post saome pic.s later this week.

69rs
04-27-2005, 09:02 PM
I didn't get to do the parade laps! :mad: When I saw what they called "parade laps", I knew my car couldn't take it! I know it had to be awsome, but the offset on my wheels is wrong (8 in. ralleys) and I was afraid I would get into a turn and rip my fenders off! :drive:

MarkM66
04-28-2005, 08:26 AM
Hey did any of you guys get to do the parade laps? That wasn't like any parade lap like I was expecting. Since my car wasn't done I rode with my brother in his '90 mustang. It was awesome, his has a 460 with an auto. and man I just can't describe how fun it was. And then I went for a ride in my friends car. It is an '86 greenish mustang, 5 sp, 302. And I have to admit the stick was a whole lot more fun. And by the way this Mustang got a photoshoot with 5.0 Mustang.
All I have to say is if you didn't get to do the Parade laps or if you didn't get to do the wet autocross you missed out!!!!!!!!!!!
That was the best time i have ever had at a carshow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will post saome pic.s later this week.

Was this parade lap on a road coarse? Or oval?

69rs
04-28-2005, 12:45 PM
The Road Atlanta road course. It is a great track! Lots of elevation changes.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/index.lasso

69rs
04-28-2005, 12:47 PM
Road Atlanta track map.

http://www.roadatlanta.com/trackmap.lasso

protouring70
05-02-2005, 07:29 AM
This is my friends '85 Mustang GT. He had the honor of having "5.0 Mustang" magazine do a photo shoot on his car at Year One this weekend. It is a very clean car.

MarkM66
05-14-2005, 06:40 AM
I saw the "Year One Cup" winning '69 on "Dream Car Garage" yesturday.

They said if the owner would sell it, he'd get between $200-$225k for it. Yeah, ok....