PDA

View Full Version : Master/Booster Advise!

WicKeD_SS
06-13-2013, 07:41 PM
I need to replace my leaky master and was going to go with Detroit Speed master/booster 9" dual or a wilwood master with a 8" dual booster. Is one better then the other or would they both perform well.

I have baer 6p Front and Rear with a 11" single booster. Im getting 12 lbs of vacuum, Detroit Speed said that thats what the 70 camaro test car has and brakes work fine.

Would love some feed back,
Thanks

Apogee
06-14-2013, 03:31 PM
I need to replace my leaky master and was going to go with Detroit Speed master/booster 9" dual or a wilwood master with a 8" dual booster. Is one better then the other or would they both perform well.

I have baer 6p Front and Rear with a 11" single booster. Im getting 12 lbs of vacuum, Detroit Speed said that thats what the 70 camaro test car has and brakes work fine.

Would love some feed back,
Thanks

Given that your vacuum level is 12 inches Hg (at idle I assume), I would go for the bigger booster between the two options you listed, no question. The dual-9" booster should generate about 25% more boost than the dual-8"...30% more than the single-11".

Tobin
KORE3

WicKeD_SS
06-14-2013, 06:50 PM
Given that your vacuum level is 12 inches Hg (at idle I assume), I would go for the bigger booster between the two options you listed, no question. The dual-9" booster should generate about 25% more boost than the dual-8"...30% more than the single-11".

Tobin
KORE3

Thanks for the advise! Do you know if the wilwood master will fit and work with the 1964-79 9" dual Booster ? and what size bore would be best for baer 6 piston front and rear?

Apogee
06-16-2013, 01:38 PM
Thanks for the advise! Do you know if the wilwood master will fit and work with the 1964-79 9" dual Booster ? and what size bore would be best for baer 6 piston front and rear?

I assume you're referring to the 1968-1976 C3 dual-9" unit? If so, then the Wilwood MC's should be compatible as they have slotted mounting holes compatible with a 3.25" to 3.40" stud spacing and the standard GM mid-size car register diameter. As for bore size, that should be a function of booster size/configuration, vacuum level, effective caliper piston area, pedal ratio and pad compound...however a ballpark bore size should be 15/16" to 1" for your application.

Tobin
KORE3

WicKeD_SS
06-16-2013, 04:52 PM
I assume you're referring to the 1968-1976 C3 dual-9" unit? If so, then the Wilwood MC's should be compatible as they have slotted mounting holes compatible with a 3.25" to 3.40" stud spacing and the standard GM mid-size car register diameter. As for bore size, that should be a function of booster size/configuration, vacuum level, effective caliper piston area, pedal ratio and pad compound...however a ballpark bore size should be 15/16" to 1" for your application.

Tobin
KORE3

Here is the link to what I was thinking about buying http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121002726581?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

I did do a search of the one you listed and found one so If this ebay one will not work ill just order that other one. I did send wilwood a email with this ebay link to see if the MC will work so I hope to hear from them very soon. Thanks Tobin for your help!

-Brian