PDA

View Full Version : McBride's work in Popular Hot Rodding

XcYZ
04-12-2006, 10:22 PM
Congrats on all the pages you got in this month's PHR, John. The cover, the centerfold and all the tech article illustrations. :bow:

How many images are there all together?

camcojb
04-13-2006, 12:35 AM
good job john.

Jody

Hdesign
04-13-2006, 09:02 AM
Nice job John....they all looked great! I had sent in a 69 Pace car photoshop chop a couple months ago they used in a Camaro magazine I guess.

I liked the subtle air dam treatment....really slick!

Ben

Steve1968LS2
04-13-2006, 10:02 AM
Nice job John....they all looked great! I had sent in a 69 Pace car photoshop chop a couple months ago they used in a Camaro magazine I guess.

I liked the subtle air dam treatment....really slick!

Ben

I had hired John the day before I saw your rendering. It was sent to me by one of our head guys and I suggested he forward it to Super Chevy/Camaro Performers.

You do good work and John personally vouched for you, so expect to get some gigs in the future :)

---

As for John, you guys have no idea how hard that guy worked on those cars. We only gave him 3 weeks to render 3 cars and I know he hardly slept at all trying to get it done and keep all his other commitments. Add in the work he did on the compression story and you can see that he was worked to death that month.. thanks again John!

The Camaro images will be available for download soon as wallpapers.. I want the red RS/SS so bad I can taste it..

XcYZ
04-13-2006, 10:26 AM
I know John pulled an all nighter and a few 3 and 4AM nights as the deadline approached for this issue. The deadline makes what he did that much more impressive.

Ben, John has vouched for you to the magazine guys, giving them the heads up on your work. Talk about a class act. :thumbsup:

Hdesign
04-13-2006, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by Steve1968ls2
I had hired John the day before I saw your rendering. It was sent to me by one of our head guys and I suggested he forward it to Super Chevy/Camaro Performers.

You do good work and John personally vouched for you, so expect to get some gigs in the future

Originally post by XcYZ
I know John pulled an all nighter and a few 3 and 4AM nights as the deadline approached for this issue. The deadline makes what he did that much more impressive.

Ben, John has vouched for you to the magazine guys, giving them the heads up on your work. Talk about a class act.

Thanks guys. All-nighters are the nature of the beast. Luckily, I'm an insomniac and I get all my work done after my other design job...pisses my wife off to high hell but, you know how it is...anything for cars!

John is a great guy from my brief conversation with him and obviously does amazing work. I look forward to meeting up with him and anyone else on this board at SEMA this year. I quickly realized that this forum is unique, in that, everyone seems to be a "class act". I'm proud to be a part of such a community of fellow car nuts!

Stuart Adams
04-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Cool stuff.

Sales@Dutchboys
04-13-2006, 02:42 PM
Good job man! :thumbsup:

Ummgawa
04-13-2006, 05:27 PM
Awesome, dude. :thumbsup:

ottatyme
04-13-2006, 06:16 PM
Absolutely gorgeous work... I, too, can sympathize with the all-nighters, and stand in awe at the sheer quality of your work! Fantastic! You've truly raised the bar once again!
An, on a side note, as Ben said, it's an honor to be in such great company!

JohnnyGMachine
04-17-2006, 11:29 PM
Hey guys,

Thanks. I'm just one of the guys here and glad I can be part of things. I really wanna thank Johnny and Steve for the opportunity to work with PHR. They really got a strong direction on where they wanna go with the magazine and I look forward to upcoming issues that just get better and better.
I also thank Scott as well for all the help, and support on this site and with Midnite Octane. AND - thanks to all the pro-touring nuts on here that constantly inspire me with their cars.
I look forward to SEMA this year and hope to have more time to hang out at the Lateral-g.net meet this year. SEMA 05 was just crazy for me.

Thanks,
John