PDA

View Full Version : Its Valentines Day...Don't car guys recognize it too??

BC69
02-14-2005, 12:00 PM
Hope all you guys are enduring the commercial holiday they associate with love. If there is no lady in your life, our cars are always in need of nice presents too right! This will be a great one for me (not). Recently broke up with g/f of a year and half...thought Id be optimistic this morning and asked a girl in my class if she wanted to join me and some friends tonight...got her number but also a run around. :rolleyes: So looks like the movie "Hitch" with a bunch of guys, and hw!!! Least I am saving some money to buy a stereo system for my real baby.

And if any of your forgot, you have this post to remind you to run out and get something for the lady in you life.

Tim

mdprovee
02-14-2005, 01:19 PM
Did my duties last night. Easier on the baby's sleep habits, and easier to get a babysitter. Nice dinner and card. The wife said no presents this year, trying to pay some bills.

Mike

61Bubbletop
02-14-2005, 01:31 PM
I made my wife a card with my son's construction paper and Elmers glue! Left it on the counter when I left for work...She loved it. "I would rather get something you made than something you bought anyday!"....Time invested - 30 minutes...Coming home from work as a hero - Priceless. :yes:

68protouring454
02-14-2005, 01:43 PM
didn't realize it was here already thought about it thursday but we got nailed with 24 inches of snow so i forgot, just called in an order for some roses, hopefully that bails me out as she said nothing this monrning before leaving for work
jake

zbugger
02-14-2005, 03:09 PM
Oh man, this is the least favorite day for me.... I have my reasons... :mad:

radrambler
02-14-2005, 06:46 PM
i like bad6spd lil post ..thats too funny.....i did the chocolate and card gimmick...lol...$12.00 ..but i got my car some NOS headlight bezels in the mail today .these are like finding a diamond in grassy field .i scored them off of ebay...best of all they fit ....lol.....i love my car ....lol...my girl said "you spent how much" ..."wow"....explained the diamond thing ..oh is the response .kinda like putting on the prom dress with no makeup...she just doesnt look the same...lol..so valentines day was good for my car ...she got what she needed....

radrambler

Steve Chryssos
02-14-2005, 10:14 PM
I've tried posting to this thread three times thoughout the day. No matter what I typed it sounded dirty.

So, I'll just leave by saying that Valentine's Day was swell.

See no matter what I type--Dirty.

Never Mind.

zbugger
02-14-2005, 10:29 PM
heh.... You said swell... Dirty boy... :P

jonny51
02-15-2005, 01:54 PM
Just finished my 3 day valentine's day trip,wow that was fun :willy:

Keith
02-16-2005, 12:59 AM
I got Jacquie the 1/18th scale model they made of the exact same car we ordered from the Ford dealership a few weeks ago. Legend Lime Green 05 Mustang GT with ebony (upgraded) interior and polished 17's. I thought 80 bucks was a little high for what it was but when we got it in the mail....alls i have to say is we have a pretty good collection and this one is pretty close to being the nicest in detail, fit and finish. Body lines were perfect, no paint flaws and they used some nice material to mimc the carpet. If anyone collects, this should be yours. They only made 3000.
http://diecastmustangs.com/product_info.php?products_id=205
Like I said ...the detail is nutty.

She got me some bad-@$$ drawer organizers for my toolbox that does the sockets, ratchets and wrenches...pretty cool. I also destroyed my harbor freight "Thor" hammer recently in a UCA issue (long story) so she bought me a rubber dead blow version so I wouldn't have such luck. I just got done organizing everything tonight...I have to say, it's a good feeling knowing where everything is without having to fish for it. I also realized how many other people's tools I've taken in the last few years on various jobs by accident because I had quite a few duplicates! Oopss!! :D

It was a good Valentine's day.

It was a good time

Kris Horton
02-16-2005, 03:29 AM
My Valentine's was peachy.

Yesterday afternoon I realized I was getting sick (sore throat, stuffy/runny nose...) and sure enough, I woke up this morning feeling like I was gonna die. I worked on a couple of my projects yesterday, trying to tie up some loose ends before I move to the LA area. I got thinking about my ex a bit because at some point during our relationship I actually considered proposing on Valentine's this year...crazy huh? Ultimately I spent a good part of the day talking with a girl I know about her own relationship troubles. It was hard to be supportive of her wanting to keep her relationship going after one of my "good friends" didn't have the decency to do the same for me when my relationship hit rough waters. Gah, I'm rambling... :beathorse :drama:

All in all, it was just another day. I'm glad I didn't get too bummed out or anything. Just felt like crap physically. I've still got my cars. At least they won't dump me! :drive:

Kris

trapin
02-16-2005, 08:15 AM
My Wife and I are constantly doing nice things for each other during the course of the year. Some years ago we decided to not make a big deal over Valentine's Day because of this. I woke up Monday, gave my Wife a kiss goodbye before leaving for work and before I walked out the door I turned and said, "Oh, yeah....Happy Valentines Day". She said, "Thanks...I'm going back to bed now".

We got a hot date this Friday so, that'll be our Valentines Day. :)

BC69
02-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Kris: Don't worry bout the rambling, I know the feeling. Long time relationship ended because a 10 minute subway ride was too far away! Obviously a whole bunch of other reason, but who wants to hear that!

Just think of all the time you have now to cruise in that Chevelle, and get more rendering done. Thats how I came to think of it, I was tearing myself apart for weeks, but stuck my head in the books, and realized the money I am saving will get me a stereo for the Camaro.
But hey rant all you, I think so my girl friends are sick of my drama stories lol, at least the Camaro doesnt talk back or leave when I am 100 miles away at school!

Haha, now I ranted

Tim