PDA

View Full Version : ls3 radiator

snappytravis
04-23-2013, 10:47 PM
I am about to the point in the project for the 69 camaro to order a radiator, I talked to C&R racing yesterday and got a quote, was for ls3 with oil and ps cooler built in and dual fan setup did not include relays, or wiring, I also received a quote on a griffin dual fan setup without coolers built in, Could somebody please explain me the difference in money, who is running griffin radiator and who is running c r radiators, I am having a hard time seeing the difference in dollars.

tubbed69
04-24-2013, 01:31 AM
check with the Entropy Corp. radiators,very nice and price is alot better

NvrDun71
04-25-2013, 09:16 AM
I've been doing a bunch of research on this subject myself lately in an attempt to find a quality unit at a decent price. The C&R is pretty much top of the line it seems and is close to triple what the Griffin setup costs. From some research online it seems that the Griffin units are occasionally prone to leaking. I made this post on ls1tech and got a little feedback on them.....
http://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-hybrids/1638359-griffin-ls-swap-radiators.html

Seems the next most cost effective options are Entropy, followed by Afco. AutoRad even without the core support, RonDavis, & C&R are all big money and way overkill for my level of build. Post up what you end up deciding on as I'm on the fence on which direction to head on this.

71RS/SS396
04-26-2013, 11:11 AM
I have the C&R in my 2nd gen and I can say it has done the job well, I can run my car as hard as I want in 100* air temps, the oil temp never exceeds 240* and the water never exceeds 215*.

Flash68
04-26-2013, 11:49 AM
I have the C&R in my 2nd gen and I can say it has done the job well, I can run my car as hard as I want in 100* air temps, the oil temp never exceeds 240* and the water never exceeds 215*.

I just took delivery of my C&R unit recently and as Tim says I feel better knowing this area of the car should not be an issue at all. Especially if the plans are to drive the wheels off.

The built in oil and PS coolers sealed it for me. If you plan on running these coolers externally you have to factor in the costs and time to set that up (time, lines, fittings, coolers... those add up).

71RS/SS396
04-26-2013, 01:33 PM
I just took delivery of my C&R unit recently and as Tim says I feel better knowing this area of the car should not be an issue at all. Especially if the plans are to drive the wheels off.

The built in oil and PS coolers sealed it for me. If you plan on running these coolers externally you have to factor in the costs and time to set that up (time, lines, fittings, coolers... those add up).

Liquid to liquid coolers are more efficient as well :yes: