PDA

View Full Version : LS3 In My 1968 Camaro

paulk68
04-02-2013, 09:23 AM
http://paceperformance.com/i-7739382-19259233-chevrolet-performance-ls3-525hp-crate-engine.html

I am looking at this engine for my 1968 camaro. I have been reading and reading and reading and i think i am making myself even more confused. Does anyone have a list of parts that will be needed for this swap. I basically have just a shell of a camaro so i know i will need new gas tank, new fuel lines, new motor mounts. New wiring but does anyone have an up to date list of parts that make this swap a little easier? do i really need a new gas pedal for this install?? thank you very much i might be in over my head LOL

MaxHarvard
04-02-2013, 03:51 PM
You will need the pedal for the LS3. There have been a few wired throttle body conversions, but always check with the ECM to see what is required.

Usually the LS3 is DBW.

You'll need:

Headers
Fuel tank modification
Pump/regulator
Fittings
motor mounts
wiring harness for LS3

and a few other things I'm missing, but that's the gist of it.

72Z/28
04-03-2013, 08:29 AM
-accessory drive either F-body style or corvette accessory drive. I believe if you go with F-body style you will most likely notch the frame.

-Driveshaft modification is required.

PTAddict
04-04-2013, 08:45 PM
You will need a Engine Control Unit (ECU) and associated wiring harness. There are multiple aftermarket options here, but the least expensive is the GM ECU/harness, which also includes the necessary electronic throttle pedal. Link:

http://paceperformance.com/i-7788424-19259261-gm-performance-ls376-525hp-engine-controller-kit-contains-pre-programmed-ecu-harness-sensors.html

gnx7
04-24-2013, 01:49 AM
You could run a different computer and keep it a cable TB if you wanted to.
I run the Holley HP and am loving it. No more tuners :G-Dub:

Timberline
06-06-2013, 08:01 PM
Plan on running the same in my Nova. Don't forget the reverse flow radiator.

Z06vette
06-06-2013, 09:29 PM
The F-body acc work fine so as long as you aren't planning on moving the motor way back- As in notching the firewall. I prefer the Fbody over the corvette acc because of the high mount Alt the vette uses. Try to buy as many parts as possible from one vendor, or in kit form so they all work together. Have fun with the swap

randy
06-06-2013, 09:50 PM
The F-body acc work fine so as long as you aren't planning on moving the motor way back- As in notching the firewall. I prefer the Fbody over the corvette acc because of the high mount Alt the vette uses. Try to buy as many parts as possible from one vendor, or in kit form so they all work together. Have fun with the swap

are there any stock accessory kits that work with the dse subframe?

Che70velle
06-06-2013, 10:33 PM
Plan on running the same in my Nova. Don't forget the reverse flow radiator.

Never heard of a reverse flow radiator...