PDA

View Full Version : Lsx swap parts question

Mucker15
03-17-2013, 09:35 AM
I'm pretty sure im going with an 2007 and up lq9 46le swap in my 69 Camaro

Due to family finances I won't be able to afford to get the parts at once so im going to pick off a little at a time.

My question can I add the twin fan 98 to 02 radiator to my current SBC set up?

I know I can add the efi fuel tank with a regulator so that might be my fist step

The 46le is a 700r4 from what i have read can it be made to work with my SBC set up ? ( I apologize if these are dopey questions )

Is it possible to keep the car on the road and do it piece meal ? If so what can I do ? Or should I just amass the parts and do it all at nice
Thanks

kainedogg
03-18-2013, 01:39 AM
For piece of mind gather all your parts first, enjoy the car & when you think you have everything you need (trust me you will not) start the tear down. Download pics of those who have done the swap before you, save the links & keep them handy. To run the fans you would need a controller & a relay setup. Why waste money when you can put that towards a custom wiring harness which will come with the connectors.

GOOD LUCK :popcorn2:

Mucker15
03-18-2013, 11:31 PM
For piece of mind gather all your parts first, enjoy the car & when you think you have everything you need (trust me you will not) start the tear down. Download pics of those who have done the swap before you, save the links & keep them handy. To run the fans you would need a controller & a relay setup. Why waste money when you can put that towards a custom wiring harness which will come with the connectors.

GOOD LUCK :popcorn2:

Thanks , I'm a bit of aways off need to well my SBC and trans first

Mucker15
03-19-2013, 08:32 AM
Will the new trans fit with my stock 69 console ?

Where can I get the harness ? Can I use a stock one ?

Can anyone point in a direction for dash gauges speedo temp tach etc...
Was thinking of looking for an a pillar pod because I want to keep the stock looking dash

As always any help is greatly appreciated

kainedogg
03-26-2013, 11:49 PM
Will the new trans fit with my stock 69 console ?

Where can I get the harness ? Can I use a stock one ?

Can anyone point in a direction for dash gauges speedo temp tach etc...
Was thinking of looking for an a pillar pod because I want to keep the stock looking dash

Join LS1tech friend. Then don't post your questions, instead just search the threads. You could burn up a weekend looking through all the swap info there. You car swap is pretty common.

64pontiac
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
The 4l60 fits no problem with the right motor mount adapters and trans mount. We sell a kit that works nice with the stock subframe, I can always help you out with that.

You might have to fold a bit of the pinch weld at the firewall.

Shiftworks makes a detent kit for the stock console shifter, along with a cable, that works with the 4l60. This is what you need!

The fans work, you might have to fab up some mounting tabs. I recommend a Dakota Digital fan controller unless you are using a GM computer and conversion harness that is setup to run the fan relays for you.

jazz2069
03-27-2013, 07:32 PM
If your looking for that new of a lq9 (2007), just go with a ly6 for about the same price.