PDA

View Full Version : Water Thermostat / Fan Sender

RBuhr69
03-12-2013, 01:54 PM
While I have the radiator out of my car for some repairs (yes brand new AFCO rad already leaking, arr!!!). I have been lurking around the interent reading up on where is the most desired place for your temp sensors for the thermostat and fan sensor to be located. I wont use the word "BEST" as this is opinion based answer for the most part.....

SBC not LS...Currently i have the water temp sensor on driver side near thermostat housing and the fan sensor in the head. I have done a lot of reading and yes everyone has different opinions they should be opposite what i described and some agreed. Some think they both should be in a spacer under the water neck, some think water temp in the head, fan sensor in the intake, etc...

Just curious what people think on this site in particular as there are a lot of builders (business/home) on this site and can offer some advice how they would place them before I button it all back up...

thanks.....

468Camaro
03-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Water temp in the head.. Air bubbles n steam pockets will throw the readings off.when your temp sensors up top. and its the cylinder temp thats important