PDA

View Full Version : more lsx 1st gen questions

cbrrmike
03-07-2013, 06:28 PM
hey guys ive been lurking for a while and decided to post a couple quick questions...

i have a ls1 and 4l60e out of a 1999 f-body... and am planning on putting it into a '67 camaro.

i plan on using the stock subframe, so what mounts, trans crossmember, headers should i be looking at?

can i use the fbody oil pan?

MaxHarvard
03-07-2013, 06:31 PM
You can use the Fbody pan just fine, it won't be as nice as the AutoKraft or Mast one. but it does work in most cases.

The rest of it honestly, I would go with a proven system, such as Holley's or SpeedTech's system. They have all of the components and know that they work together.

Z06vette
03-18-2013, 07:48 PM
I have not found an easy way to use the F-body pan in stock subframe. I usually sell the F-body pan and use holley or mast pan. I guess you could notch the subframe or modify the pan to clear the steering linkage. I'd rather just change the pan. Try to get your headers/motor mount plates/cross member/and pan from one place. Or at least do some research as to what headers fit with motor plates, pan etc. I have done several 98-02 F-body swaps into first gens. I have used dirty dingo Double D motor plates. They can be used with a holley pan, dynatech headers, and a bowtie overdrives trans cross member. The dingo mounts have 3 positions- use the middle (stock location) position. I chose to shim the frame stands with thick grade 8 washer to gain a little extra pan clearance on the cross member. It is probably ok without them, but I wanted a little extra clearance because it was very close in one spot. Using the tall/narrow frame stands would probably make this a non issue. I had the short/wide style. We are currently doing an all hooker/holley swap parts in stock subframe. We used holley pan, hooker motor plates (stock location) hooker LS swap headers, and speedtech 6 speed cross member. We should have it in in a month or so. I like the kit BRP offers but I have not tried it yet because it costs quite a bit more.
Scott