PDA

View Full Version : going dead

morris69
04-03-2006, 09:32 PM
my question is what would kill my battery when the car is not started. i drive it park it next thing you know it wont start the next time. it's a 1969 camaro with auto meter gauges with a new alt, brand new battery

MaxHarvard
04-04-2006, 09:09 AM
you probably have a drain somewhere in the car... some source is staying on... get a multi-meter and check it out :thumbsup:

mark smith
04-06-2006, 04:27 PM
put a test light in series with pos term on battery.first remove term lug from battry.watch test light to go out as you start pulling fuses independently.this will narrow down fault and make it alot easier to find.good luck

BC69
04-06-2006, 04:48 PM
Okay, I had this same problem, TWICE actually. One time it was the neutral safety switch was not properly in place. The second time I was in a show...got moved to the Top 20 area, drove over fine. I actually WON Best in Show, and it wouldnt start!!! I didn't have it all the way in park. This may sound dumb...but just check ;)

Tim

morris69
04-06-2006, 08:27 PM
thanks because i do remember having a problem with that same switch a couple of months ago but it wasnt draining then im going to check that out this weekend :thumbsup: