RdHuggr68
02-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Why was Pick A Part banned?
Kevin

camcojb
02-09-2013, 10:46 AM
Why was Pick A Part banned?
Kevin
they were banned because they decided to not be a sponsor (which is fine) but were using our site and pm's to solicit sales.

They sold a lot of engines to our members, but the new guy who replaced Gus didn't see any value in advertising when he could use us for free.

Sieg
02-09-2013, 10:54 AM
Proper call Jody. Probably not the best of decisions for Pick a Part though.

camcojb
02-09-2013, 10:57 AM
Proper call Jody. Probably not the best of decisions for Pick a Part though.
I was surprised, because Gus had told me more than once that this site was buying his engine setups. One sale would literally pay for 10+ years of advertising, so it made little sense to cut out that revenue stream.

Not my decision, and I completely understand a vendor dropping their sponsorship if it doesn't make financial sense to continue. In this case that was not true, so no idea how they came to this decision.

Sieg
02-09-2013, 11:17 AM
I was surprised, because Gus had told me more than once that this site was buying his engine setups. One sale would literally pay for 10+ years of advertising, so it made little sense to cut out that revenue stream.

Not my decision, and I completely understand a vendor dropping their sponsorship if it doesn't make financial sense to continue. In this case that was not true, so no idea how they came to this decision.
Hopefully they don't believe other forms of media offer a better cost per (dead-center targeted) impression than Lat-g.

With the amount of fragmentation that's taken place in the traditional forms of media it's very easy to do this :G-Dub: and then this :sieg:

Yellow pages - multiple books and who actually uses it now vs their smart phone services?
Radio - multiple stations and competing against iPods/phones/XM/CD/TV
Paper (fish wrapper) - Who reads the entire paper anymore? False/inaccurate circulation numbers. Internet sources quicker, cheaper, etc. Rate per inch $$
Direct postal mail? $$
Direct email? $$
Misc print publications? Blind folded dart throwing.
Television - which channels and how much frequency? DVR impact?

I can only guess Lat-g doesn't charge even close to what true market value is in respect to the validity of the impressions made. :thumbsup:

camcojb
02-09-2013, 11:22 AM
Hopefully they don't believe other forms of media offer a better cost per (dead-center targeted) impression than Lat-g.

With the amount of fragmentation that's taken place in the traditional forms of media it's very easy to do this :G-Dub: and then this :sieg:

Yellow pages - multiple books and who actually uses it now vs their smart phone services?
Radio - multiple stations and competing against iPods/phones/XM/CD/TV
Paper (fish wrapper) - Who reads the entire paper anymore? False/inaccurate circulation numbers. Internet sources quicker, cheaper, etc. Rate per inch $$
Direct postal mail? $$
Direct email? $$
Misc print publications? Blind folded dart throwing.
Television - which channels and how much frequency? DVR impact?

I can only guess Lat-g doesn't charge even close to what true market value is in respect to the validity of the impressions made. :thumbsup:
I've been told we're too cheap by more than one person. It's more about getting the right vendors that will help our community here.

Sieg
02-09-2013, 11:34 AM
I've been told we're too cheap by more than one person. It's more about getting the right vendors that will help our community here.

I'm sure a couple vendors want to do this to me :smiley_smack: for bringing it up.

On the other side people need to see it to appreciate what they have here and your actions are proof that you're beyond fair and reasonable. :thumbsup: