PDA

View Full Version : E-Stopp reviews?

John510
01-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Has anyone installed E Stopp before? Its an electronic parking brake kit that uses a push button.

Sieg
01-26-2013, 02:46 PM
http://www.estopp.com/#!

Interesting product, first I've seen of it.

The number of times I've been working under the dash around the foot parking brake mechanism or catch the release handle in the face trying to extract myself from an un-natural position in my Camaro makes it temping.

As soon as it functions as well as a handle brake for setting the car up entering a corner or holding brake on steep hill to save the clutch it's a winner. Until then the handle brake wins in my opinion. :thumbsup:

dontlifttoshift
01-26-2013, 04:11 PM
You can get a factory pieces, from a CTS-v for example, that do the same thing.

The estop is a linear actuator in a box.

Lenie
01-26-2013, 06:12 PM
We don't need no stinking e-brake:lol:

130fe
01-26-2013, 06:53 PM
I found this demo video on the product, interesting product-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=km2TqN9eVLA

Flash68
01-26-2013, 08:09 PM

:thumbsup: :lol:

Sieg
01-26-2013, 08:43 PM

e-brake.......agreed. A hand-brake when used creatively can be a lot of fun. :D

youthpastor
01-26-2013, 10:26 PM
we used one on a '66 Chevelle and LOVED IT!! easy to install, holds the vehicle great. Plays nice with Baer brakes.....but most importantly, it gets rid of that ugly stamped metal foot brake that just doesn't look right next to the Clayton Machine pedals

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Vegas69
01-26-2013, 10:55 PM
Don't listen to these guys. I used my ebrake constantly. It needs to be highly functional.

John510
01-27-2013, 12:50 PM
I need some sort of e brake since my driveway is not flat and dont want to accidentally knock it out of gear.

Chris,
Do you have pics of the install you did? Looks like I might just have to order one and try it out.

64pontiac
01-29-2013, 09:09 PM
We just became dealers for them, and did an install. It is a really nice piece and a nice option for someone that doesnt need an e-brake for whipping out the tail.... :) it doesn;t engage super fast, just nice a steady. but it is a really nicely built piece compared to others like it.

We need e brakes for our safety inspections, despite the fact that I have never used one on an auto car..... so we put one of these on. By the time you do a nice handle or pedal, mount it, and get the connector cable the E Stopp is cheaper!

Sieg
01-29-2013, 10:16 PM
I timed actuation from the push of the button to solid green light on the video and it was 10.1 seconds. If our wireless connections were that slow..........:D

Though the system does have merit. :thumbsup: