View Full Version : Novacane updates

XcYZ
11-22-2004, 08:50 PM
Added a few more pics as well as more chassis and transmission info:

http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner/

http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner/turbo1.jpg

907rs
11-22-2004, 09:17 PM
Howard, how tight is the exhaust/tire clearance at full lock?

Novacane
11-23-2004, 09:18 PM
Howard, how tight is the exhaust/tire clearance at full lock?

It's pretty close but still have 1" full inch at max lock and full suspension travel.

Steve Chryssos
11-24-2004, 08:34 AM
Looks trick!!

Novacane
11-25-2004, 07:19 AM
It will be even tricker with that paddle shifter!

hotwheels
11-27-2004, 07:47 PM
damn, there is some freakin talent on this site.........hotwheels of turborides

XcYZ
11-29-2004, 04:58 PM
I added a few rollcage fab pics tonight...

http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner (http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner)

http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner/rollcage3.jpg

907rs
11-29-2004, 05:07 PM
Looking good Howard!
What brand/ model bender are you using?

Novacane
11-29-2004, 06:23 PM
Looking good Howard!
What brand/ model bender are you using?

Bill, I ended up borrowing it from a friend. It was either buy the bender or buy a bead roller. Since he was going to let me use it I'm buying a bead roller that I will probably get more use out of on this project.

jonny51
11-29-2004, 06:29 PM
Howard it looks like your moving right along.Oh yeah it looks great too.

XcYZ
11-29-2004, 07:35 PM
How about some seats?

http://www.lateral-g.net/tanner/seats1.jpg

Ummgawa
12-01-2004, 08:07 AM
Is that the shop floor I see? :D

Ricochet
12-01-2004, 08:27 AM
Looking good Howard!! Like the seat choice. I'm thinking about some Recaro's myself. I wish I was as far along as you....

Steve Chryssos
12-01-2004, 08:40 AM
Wow Howard!! I need to hang out here more. Your car looks killer!

907rs
12-01-2004, 08:46 AM
Great choice on the seats Howard. Are you doing the interior in a similar color, or having the seats re-covered?

Novacane
12-03-2004, 08:07 PM
Thanks guys!

It project can't move fast enough! The seats where a last minute type selection. I was selling the Viper T56 to guy in Long Island and he happened to have these seats for sale. He bought them for a 2000 Firehawk T/A and he wanted more flash! He installed them and never sat on them. We made a deal for the tranny and some cash...for me! Worked out great as I needed seats to finish the roll cage and he needed the tranny!

I just tracked my cylinder heads from AFR and they should be here Tuesday! Kind of bid deal for me since I have been waiting for these new LS1 heads for over 10 months. They are 1 of 25 sets that have been released. My pistons showed up today from getting hard anodized skirt coating and ceramic tops. Those where done by Embee in CA. Off to machine shop the spinning assembly goes. By the end of next week I plan on assembling the short block. I am still waiting for a set of custom L-19 head studs to arrive as well as the custom ground CompCam.

I tried getting a hold of someone at Chip Foose Wheels and no one ever returns my E-mails and they have no phone number to call! :mad:

On another note by bullet proof (I hope!) 4L80E tranny showed up today after being dyno tested before shipping. I'll post some pictures tomorrow!

Steve, wheres the paddle shifter????????

Howard

Steve Chryssos
12-04-2004, 07:39 AM
Steve, wheres the paddle shifter????????
Howard

We're THIS close! No reason why you can't put one under the Christmas tree.

http://homepage.mac.com/streetfytr/.Pictures/Posting/shrifternew.jpg

jonny51
12-04-2004, 12:06 PM
Looks great Steve~~Bat Wing~~

camcojb
12-04-2004, 12:39 PM
We're THIS close! No reason why you can't put one under the Christmas tree.

http://homepage.mac.com/streetfytr/.Pictures/Posting/shrifternew.jpg

Since I'm swapping to a 4L80E also, I need some info on that setup Steve!

Jody

parsonsj
12-04-2004, 03:58 PM
Awesome stuff, that paddle shifter.

It looks almost good enough to consider getting rid of my TKO-600.

Almost. :)

jp

Steve Chryssos
12-04-2004, 08:10 PM
Jody,
PM me with your phone number. I'll give you a call and answer any questions.
John,
Today we were out testing some revised electronics. (Damn cold in a car that doesn't have heat or side windows) Anyway, we took the opportunity to speed up shifts at WFO. Too fast and you get crazy wheelspin. When set properly, you tap that right paddle and the trans just clicks off a gear change--just right: BANG! The rpms drop but the car doesn't give up any forward momentum. No time wasted rowing gears or dancing on pedals.
Then you lift, switch to auto mode and answer your cellphone.

try that with your tko.

camcojb
12-04-2004, 08:13 PM
PM sent.

Jody

Keith
12-05-2004, 12:42 AM
Then you lift, switch to auto mode and answer your cellphone.

In my case, ignore my phone and go back to sipping my mocha ;)
Steve, never got a call or email back from you and I have some updates on the Chevelle you might be interested in..... :cool:

Steve Chryssos
12-05-2004, 08:08 AM
Keith, Ive been typing you out a long winded email chock full of useful suggestions. I sent John Parsons one of those a coupla years ago. Maybe he can confirm that it's worth the wait. I have major couch time cheduled for today so I'll try to finish up today.

Keith
12-05-2004, 02:05 PM
Keith, Ive been typing you out a long winded email chock full of useful suggestions. I sent John Parsons one of those a coupla years ago. Maybe he can confirm that it's worth the wait. I have major couch time cheduled for today so I'll try to finish up today.

I'm not in a hurry Steve. I can only imagine how time-consuming starting a co. can be. I can't wait to tell you some of the updates so far. :)

Novacane
12-05-2004, 08:13 PM
Steve, when I spoke to you a couple weekd ago, you thought you be ready to ship by Dec. 15th. Still on schedule?

I can relate to this cold!!! Only good thing about this weather is the extra Hp you can make! :D Took my 420 ci C5 out for a final spin yesterday and it nearly put me in the weeds at 90 mph! Snow will be here soon!

JP, thanks for routing me to Steve for the shifter. It made it easier to accept the fact that I am going to an AUTO.

Steve Chryssos
12-05-2004, 10:29 PM
Yup. Still on target. I'll be at PRI. When I get back I just have to figure out packaging and instructions. So Dec 15th--maybe Dec 20th. Yeah, I was getting crazy wheelspin in every gear while speeding up WOT shift firmness, so I backed it off a little in the programming for the 1-2 shift. Muz be the air.

Sorry to have hijacked your thread, Howard. Your car looks awesome!!

parsonsj
12-06-2004, 10:30 PM
Yup,

I remember well Steevo and me when we first started getting acquainted:

Steevo: JP, so what kind of styling do you plan using for II Much?

JP: uh .. I was gonna paint the car blue with gray interior.

Steevo: (smacking head, realizing he would have to use small styling words from now on): Ok, spend an hour and tell me what kind of things you like -- not female body parts -- you know: car thingies. What kind of racing ... what kind of music .. what colors ...

JP: (realizing he was in way over his head) umm ... can I get back to you?

Kidding aside: yes, it was worth the wait. Just keep bugging him about it. He likes that. :)

jp

parsonsj
12-06-2004, 10:35 PM
... answer my cell phone while driving a car with one of his racing racks. He said answering the cell phone or changing tracks on the stereo would result in a lane change.

So I'll have to rip through my gears using my easy as pie QuarterMaster 8.5 inch dual disc clutch and lightened flywheel that reduce parasitic loss to an absolute minimum (they said maybe 12%???) ... and then pull over to answer the phone. :eek:

jp

XcYZ
12-06-2004, 11:25 PM
Yup,

I remember well Steevo and me when we first started getting acquainted:

Steevo: JP, so what kind of styling do you plan using for II Much?

JP: uh .. I was gonna paint the car blue with gray interior.

Steevo: (smacking head, realizing he would have to use small styling words from now on): Ok, spend an hour and tell me what kind of things you like -- not female body parts -- you know: car thingies. What kind of racing ... what kind of music .. what colors ...

JP: (realizing he was in way over his head) umm ... can I get back to you?

Kidding aside: yes, it was worth the wait. Just keep bugging him about it. He likes that. :)

jp
That's hilarious. People that have talked to Steve know exactly what you're saying. Every time I talk to him, I feel so... Midwestern. LOL

Steve Chryssos
12-07-2004, 03:27 AM
It's 4AM. I should be getting ready for my flight. Instead I'm checkin out Lateral-g. As I read this, I'm shooting cawfee outta my nose.

Kendall Burleson
02-12-2008, 07:31 PM
Keep up the good work fab work is pretty killer:lateral:

parsonsj
02-12-2008, 10:28 PM
Wow... here's a thread back from the distant past.

Anybody know whatever happened to Howard and Novacane? My last data point was that he was getting into diesel truck racing...

jp

Steve Chryssos
02-14-2008, 06:30 AM
Weird. It's been a long journey. I hope Howard is well.