PDA

View Full Version : Miller spectrum 375 xtreme plasma

JB64CHEVELLE
12-24-2012, 02:37 PM
I have been thinking of buying one for my home shop and would be used for mainly my car projects. Does anyone own one that can give me insite or possibly a better one? I dont see myself cutting anything more than .250 steel.

coolwelder62
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
I have been thinking of buying one for my home shop and would be used for mainly my car projects. Does anyone own one that can give me insite or possibly a better one? I dont see myself cutting anything more than .250 steel.I really perfer the hypertherm
plasma cutter's.Ihave a power max85 and just bought a powermax 30 for small jobs,from Torchking on ebay.Great pricing,free shipping,And good customer service.I have used Hypertherm for over 15 years and had great luck.

JB64CHEVELLE
12-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Great thanks for the info I will look into that brand.:thumbsup:

CRCRFT78
12-25-2012, 05:10 PM
I've got an older Hypertherm 350 and it works GREAT!

scherp69
01-06-2013, 12:24 PM
Just my two cents...but I bought a 375 Extreme a couple years ago and loved it. When I actually used it that is. I ended up selling mine because I never used it. I found it sat in the case most of the time and it's such a pain to unpack everything and pack it back up for a few cuts, I really couldn't justify keeping it. I have so many other options to cut steel that I was able to put the money to better use. If you can leave it on a stand and ready to go all the time, it might be better than having to unpack it all the time. My opinion...put the money to better use. But if you really want one....the 375 is an awesome unit. I was cutting up to 1/2" with mine. Nice and small and cuts nice.

32deucecoupe
01-06-2013, 12:49 PM
I bought a used Hobart 250 airforce with internal air compressor. It has worked great for my floor replacement project and I will be using it for the DSE minitubs soon. I saved money buying used, $400 on craigslist, and it meets all the needs for my garage projects. I looked at bigger units but realized this one had a good rating and met all my needs. I've only cut up to 1/8" steel but so far i am happy with it. Since it will sit unused more than it is used this was the best way to go for me..good luck in your decision.