PDA

View Full Version : LS2 in a first gen ?

brandonc707
12-16-2012, 03:54 PM
I have a buddy that has an ls2 out of a 07 vette 12k miles, he sold his project and he has offered it to me for $1500:unibrow:
It has no computer/harness fuel injection etc........ my question is should i run a carb and the msd coil set up on this in my 67 camaro?
What parts will I need to swap? I have a sbc and an m21 4 speed now.
This seems like a pretty good deal, just want to see how much $ I am looking at to make this swap?
I know i will need headers, engine mounts, tranny, hydraulic clutch, intake, MSD coil pack set up, what am I overlooking?
There is a lot of knowledge on this site and I appreciate everyone sharing some experience with me on this!:bow: :lateral:
THANKS!!

214Chevy
12-16-2012, 04:40 PM
This is such a broad question. How much depends on how you source your parts, as in buying new or used. For example an ECU and harness can run you anywhere from $400 used to $1200 new. Clutch, new or used, factory or aftermarket can be $200 or $1300. Headers, same thing...used or off the shell can be $500-$600 all the way to stainless for $1500. Tranny same thing. So, to sum it up in a nutshell, you can be out of $2000 to start all the way up to $6000 if you want new, top of the line T56 Magnum tranny, clutch, etc. Don't forget to factor in tuning and flashing your computer. These prices aren't exact. Just trying to give you an idea. These conversions are alot more expensive to do than most think.

rocketrod
12-16-2012, 06:31 PM
If the motor is complete running motor with accessory drive setup, intake, injectors etc and just missing the harness and computer this is an incredible buy! As previously mentioned LS conversion cost can vary greatly depending upon the route you choose. Of course if you go the carbed route it will cost less, but personally I would go with fuel injection.

dstryr
12-16-2012, 07:06 PM
Ill give you 1600 for it and you can keep the profit LOL

Vince@Meanstreets
12-16-2012, 07:59 PM
I have a buddy that has an ls2 out of a 07 vette 12k miles, he sold his project and he has offered it to me for $1500:unibrow:
It has no computer/harness fuel injection etc........ my question is should i run a carb and the msd coil set up on this in my 67 camaro?
What parts will I need to swap? I have a sbc and an m21 4 speed now.
This seems like a pretty good deal, just want to see how much $ I am looking at to make this swap?
I know i will need headers, engine mounts, tranny, hydraulic clutch, intake, MSD coil pack set up, what am I overlooking?
There is a lot of knowledge on this site and I appreciate everyone sharing some experience with me on this!:bow: :lateral:
THANKS!!

If it has the intake and throttle body then I would say keep it EFI. Be pretty close cost wise if you had to go either way. thats if you don't take the easy $200 LOL