PDA

View Full Version : No power after dead battery?

Jr
12-09-2012, 05:49 PM
Like an idiot, I left the lights on all day. Battery is now dead. I go get a new battery for the truck, and now I have no power at all. No stero, lights, and no power to turn over the motor. What am I over looking?

Details of the truck.
1970 C-10
5.3 LS
Using factory ecu
Vats deleted

camcojb
12-09-2012, 06:49 PM
I think those trucks came with a junction block for the + side, probably mounted on the inner fenderwell or radiator support.. There was a wire off the battery with an inline fusible link, going to that block. That supplies power to the fusebox, lights, etc. Make sure that wire is hooked up and the fusible link hasn't blown.

There is also a cable from the positive to the starter, so you should have two connections on the positive side of the battery, maybe even more now that the EFI setup has been installed. It sounds like the wire to the junction block is not connected or the fusible link has failed.

Jr
12-09-2012, 07:44 PM
Yes, I just found a wire diagram of my truck. I'll trouble shoot tomorrow. Thanks Jody

Jr
12-11-2012, 12:39 AM
I found the damn wire that was causing me the problems. Thanks for heads up, Jody.

camcojb
12-11-2012, 12:48 AM
I found the damn wire that was causing me the problems. Thanks for heads up, Jody.

Perfect, glad you got it figured out. :thumbsup:

Sieg
12-11-2012, 10:25 AM
Yet another Lat-g success story!

Thanks for a great site Jody. :thumbsup: