PDA

View Full Version : paint question

67velle
03-24-2006, 10:27 PM
Whats everybodys thought on clearing my upper dash to look the same as the outsde of the car???? I'm not sure of the glare but I don't want to loose the look on the dash as this will be twotone like everything else. :willy:

ls67
03-25-2006, 08:43 PM
I am painting mine and clearing the same as the exterior I am thinking of even bringing my ss strips in on the top of the dash.

fs

B Schein
03-25-2006, 09:06 PM
I don’t think clearing the top of the dash is a good idea the glare will be too intense. My buddy had a drag car with a aluminum dash in, it wants polished just raw aluminum and the glare off of that thing was very intense we wound up putting duck tape on the entire top of the dash just so you could drive the car.

J2SpeedandCustom
03-26-2006, 09:22 AM
I don’t think clearing the top of the dash is a good idea the glare will be too intense. My buddy had a drag car with a aluminum dash in, it wants polished just raw aluminum and the glare off of that thing was very intense we wound up putting duck tape on the entire top of the dash just so you could drive the car.

That's why you tint the front windshield... :)

I love the idea!!!

BC69
03-26-2006, 11:26 AM
If you take a look at my pics, I did a body colored dash. No glare, nothing like that at all. I attached a couple pictures, but there are more on my webshots if you look there.

Tim

67velle
03-30-2006, 08:25 PM
thanks guys !! I went with a dupont vinyl formula of the out side color. Just a less glossy look of the outside upper color.I :thumbsup: think it looks great