PDA

View Full Version : 2002 F350 crewcab and 48' gooseneck

tazzz2_ca
11-19-2012, 10:06 PM
Well gang I'm thinking about selling the truck and trailer to build something a a whole lot more cool...

That said I'll sum it up in a nut shell:
The truck is:
-White 2002 Ford F350 dually crew cab with the 7.3 Power Stroke diesel with approx 250,000miles.
-Edge system
-large exhaust system
-Methanol system
-Trans was rebuilt about 40,000 miles ago and done all heavy duty
-Gray XLT leather interior
-Michelin's all around with about 60% wear left on tires

Trailer is a 2008 48' Roadmaster
-generally in decent shape,,, far from show queen but works great...
-trailer brakes are all fresh as of summer 2012

Overall the combo is a good setup and does the job for me.. It has been a headache free setup for me and it should be the same for you... The trailer has some a scratch or two or three LOL,,, but nothing bad...
Given the imperfections and knowing I hate dicking around with back and forth BS,,,, I'd sell the package for $22,000 for both the truck and trailer... That in my mind represents about 12k for the truck and about 10k for the trailer give or take either way... The point to be had is they represent a fair deal and they go together or I just keep using them.

http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af93/projectwarpath/truckandtrailer.jpg

tazzz2_ca
11-23-2012, 04:23 PM
156 views and no bites..... Is the number wrong??? how about a little feedback gang because I thought it'd be gone by now...

Rick D
11-23-2012, 05:01 PM
I think you number looks good :_paranoid But what do I know :lol:
I guess it depends on when someone is looking for a setup like this? I think for the weekend guys it might be more then they need as far as the trailer goes. If someone is looking to get into moving cars or what ever across the country this would be a great way to get in on the lower side??

coolwelder62
11-23-2012, 06:55 PM
I have drove this rig a many miles.Runs great,tows great,Truck has tons of power.It's just not Big enough for me.I think I need a 18 wheeler.:D

dontlifttoshift
11-23-2012, 06:57 PM
You didn't state in the ad that the trailer makes a GREAT movie screen.

Now it'll sell.

Vegas69
11-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Better photos wouldn't hurt your chances.:D

tazzz2_ca
11-23-2012, 09:24 PM
LOL Donny you right I screwed up there buddy,,, it does make a great screen and if it could talk,, well lets just say it'd be priceless LOL

Todd you're wright I have to get some more pic's taken and posted buddy...

71RS/SS396
11-24-2012, 05:57 AM
LOL Donny you right I screwed up there buddy,,, it does make a great screen and if it could talk,, well lets just say it'd be priceless LOL

Todd you're wright I have to get some more pic's taken and posted buddy...

Where are you going to haul the mega BBQ grill if you sell this? :_paranoid :D

tazzz2_ca
11-24-2012, 10:27 AM
Tim never fear Pal,,,, The BBQ will always have a place on my trailer.... I have a plan so too speak buddy and I know you'd like it very much indeed ;-) LOL....

tazzz2_ca
11-26-2012, 05:13 PM
I guess it'll end up going on racing junk soon as there hasn't been any real interest shown at this point.... I mean heck there are more than 3 examples of 2002 F350's on e-bay right now for 15K (and up) roughly speaking,,, this makes no sense why it hasn't been scooped up already by our community.... Man that's like buying a truck at market and getting a nice 2008 tri-axle trailer for 7K...

96z28ss
11-26-2012, 09:47 PM
the ones on ebay have 100k or more less miles though.
I know its a diesel, but the lower the miles the more they are worth.

tazzz2_ca
11-26-2012, 10:29 PM
Fine that makes some sense so you blow of a couple of grand over to the trailer side,,,, it's like buying the trailer for 9K instead of 7K taking that approach... The relevant point is it just surprised me that's all.

You know if someone had said """hey Al I like it but the package is a little rich""" I'd be more inclined to buying your point on values.... I just did a quick look up on Racing junk and the cheapest 48' trailer was 8 years older (2002 not 2008) and was 9K... Thought I was thinking logically that's all...

71RS/SS396
11-27-2012, 05:34 AM
Imho there's nothing wrong with the price.

Reasons why I think it hasn't sold .......

Bad time of the year to sell anything with the holidays upon us.
Bad economy to sell anything, which limits the pool of people with disposable income.
Limited market for a trailer of that size.

ironworks
11-27-2012, 09:23 AM
the ones on ebay have 100k or more less miles though.
I know its a diesel, but the lower the miles the more they are worth.

Actually for a diesel it is better to run them and not let them sit. A 10 year old truck with 250,000 miles is only 25k per year and 2k per month on average. These miles are from going across the country on the open road I'm sure. Usually the truck wears out before the engine does in those 7.3L engines.

This would great for a guy trying to get a truck for his shop. Rad rides I think has this exact same truck with like 400k miles on it. I would take this truck before I ever bought and over complicated new one. There is really nothing to break under the hood on these trucks, no fancy computer or injectors or other high tech crap that cost a ton of money and breaks down every week. Been there Done that.

tazzz2_ca
11-27-2012, 12:03 PM
Agreed and thanks for pointing that out Roger,, I bought this because a friend of mine that does a lot of hauling point me in the direction of this truck.... I was looking at a brand new F350 at the time and he said to stay away and buy this truck,,,, it's last year for the 7.3 Power Stroke Diesel they refer to as the million mile motor...

GregWeld
12-02-2012, 08:17 PM
This truck is just WAY too small....:D

Just sayin'

Hi Albert!! Hope you get a bite on this rig!

tazzz2_ca
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
This truck is just WAY too small....:D

Just sayin'

Hi Albert!! Hope you get a bite on this rig!

Thanks Greg,,, looking for a change that is fresh and different.. If not she serves me well and will continue to do so bud....