PDA

View Full Version : Brake Balance help

XLexusTech
11-18-2012, 08:13 AM
Hi, I am already working with a great vendor here on my brake purchase but I am looking for some outside opinions.
I am looking for advice on a floating rear brake caliper that would balance well with a C6 Big brake (6 piston 14 inch rotor) Manual brake combo.

Aftermarket is OK but I perfer to use OE. like GM, I was and continue to look at a using Toyota/Lexus rears but was that is all R&D on my side as everything would be a one off (mounting ect..)

Thanks in advance

Apogee
11-28-2012, 03:16 PM
Hi, I am already working with a great vendor here on my brake purchase but I am looking for some outside opinions.
I am looking for advice on a floating rear brake caliper that would balance well with a C6 Big brake (6 piston 14 inch rotor) Manual brake combo.

Aftermarket is OK but I perfer to use OE. like GM, I was and continue to look at a using Toyota/Lexus rears but was that is all R&D on my side as everything would be a one off (mounting ect..)

Thanks in advance

A C6 Z51 kit with a 330mm rotor and 45mm single-piston caliper is going to be a very good match with respect to front/rear balance in your typical 55/45 front engine, rear wheel drive muscle application. You're within a few percent of the same brake torque as the 340mm 4-piston C6 Z06 setup and should be able to tune it into perfection with an adjustable proportioning valve.

Tobin
KORE3