PDA

View Full Version : rightstuff big brake kit signature reviews????

duvall408w
11-17-2012, 04:09 PM
Looking at getting brakes for 70 nova. I seen people say that they were installing or that the install was easy. I am wanting to here about how they are performing. The single piston in the rear is the only real draw back that i can c. I have email kore3 and there kit looks good also. There is a 400$ difference. The car is 98% street driven maybe a autocross or 2.I have wilwood draglite 10.75 kit on front now.would these be two small for what i want to do?

Apogee
11-28-2012, 03:30 PM
Looking at getting brakes for 70 nova. I seen people say that they were installing or that the install was easy. I am wanting to here about how they are performing. The single piston in the rear is the only real draw back that i can c. I have email kore3 and there kit looks good also. There is a 400$ difference. The car is 98% street driven maybe a autocross or 2.I have wilwood draglite 10.75 kit on front now.would these be two small for what i want to do?

The Wilwood FDL Drag Kit (140-1017 (http://www.wilwood.com/BrakeKits/BrakeKitsProdFront.aspx?itemno=140-1017-B&year=1970&make=Chevrolet&model=Nova&option=All Drum Brake Front.)) is not intended for anything other than drag racing as it doesn't have the thermal mass to accommodate spirited street driving, let alone auto-x or other high-performance driving events. The Wilwood kit is designed to minimize weight and stop the car after a single 1/4-mile run, as evidenced by the 10.75" diameter, 3/8" thick non-ventilated rotor and Dynalite 4-piston caliper. This kit is not intended for use on vehicles over 2800# with 4-wheel disc, 2400# with disc/drum. What's your Nova weigh?

The C5/C6 kits are designed to stop a 175mph, 3200# sports car on the street, at the track, whatever.

HTH,
Tobin
KORE3