PDA

View Full Version : 4th gen disk brakes on a 12 bolt with c clip eliminators?

g_vanlaar
10-20-2012, 12:08 PM
Does anyone have any experience with c clip eliminators and disk brakes? It is said they don't widen the track width, but all said and done they widened it quite a bit. Also trying to put my 4th Gen disk brakes on. The normal spacers won't work anymore and the offset of the disk doesn't line up on the parking brake any longer. Anyone have advise to make what I'm working with come together?

Apogee
10-22-2012, 09:55 AM
If you wanted to run the LS1 rear brakes, the Moser #7900 FM housing ends would have been a better choice to convert to positively retained axles versus bolt-on c-clip eliminators. I can visualize exactly what you're running into and I don't see any easy solutions given what you're working with.

If it was my car, I would probably sell the bolt-on c-clip eliminator kit to a drag racer, swap the housing ends over to the Moser #7900FM ends, narrow the housing to whatever width was desired and buy new axles to match. Alternatively, you may have some Wilwood or other aftermarket options for the c-clip eliminators if you didn't want to mess with the housing.

Tobin
KORE3