PDA

View Full Version : "Run to the Rockies!"

JimM
03-18-2006, 07:46 AM
For the last several months, a few of the mods at Team Camaro have been setting up our first ever "get-together."

The event will take place in Billings, Montana on July 7, 2006. Included will be a show at Menholdt Chevrolet, a BBQ & tailgate party at the Hampton that evening, and an all day cruise / lunch / show on Sunday the 8th.

So far, we will have attendee's from the Northwest (~800 miles) the bay area (~1300 miles) the midwest (~1300 miles) There is talk of a Texas contigent (~1400 miles) and a member from Atlanta recently inquired if anyone from his area is considering going.

One member has "spoken" about trailering, but generally this is discouraged. I WILL drive my 68 vert the entire 2600 mile round trip. We are setting up caravans from each local, as well as car to car communications for mutual support.

I believe this will be the first time ever that 100-500 car enthusiasts who only know each other through the internet have travelled this far for a BBQ and some brewsky's.

If anyone here is interested in joining us, check the details here: http://www.camaros.net/forums/showthread.php?t=76149

Bill Howell
03-19-2006, 07:02 AM
What about lost souls with A-bodys? Any chance they can get in the gate?

JimM
03-19-2006, 07:57 AM
Absolutely Bill. Pretty much any GM Type "car guy" crazy enough to make his way to Montana for what amounts to a 2 day social gathering with other crazy car guys is more than welcome!

Pidgeon Forge, TN, huh? Beautiful area, long long way from Billings!

Bill Howell
03-19-2006, 08:38 AM
Just 33 hours straight driving, give or take a hour or two for sleep. :thumbsup:
If I can make it, I may have to cheat and trailer some of the way. After Power Tour, I won't have that many miles left on my Haverty Ins. policy for the year. I will check and see, but that is a beautiful area too and I would not mind a revisit.