PDA

View Full Version : FS: 1970 Chevelle SS

slownova
09-16-2012, 04:51 PM
The time has come that I've decided to part with my 1970 Chevelle SS. Its pretty custom, but subtle at the same time. It was my pride and joy, but life happend and now its time to part with it. I'm asking 90,000 obo. I can show recipts that total that or more.

1970 Chevelle SS

Body: This is possibly one of the straitest chevelles in existence. More hours then I would like to admit have gone into the body work of this car. It was pretty solid when I got it, and it was built using as many GM parts as i could find. The exterior is stock for the most part. All of the emblems and handles are in their correct spots. The SS stripes have been customized with "true fire" in the stripe. The color of the car is polo green pearl wih jet black stripes. The firewall has been totally smooth, also the wheel wells also.

Motor: The motor is a 454 based, 468. It uses a eagle rotating assembly, with JE pistons. the compression is a mild 10.5 to 1. It has a .644 lift comp cam and merlin iron heads. The intake is a polished performer RPM with a holley carb. The ignition is all MSD. The pulleys are all march. It has a 2500 stall convertor in the rebuilt turbo 400 tranny. If I had to guess, the motor has 1800 miles.

Chassis: The restoration of this car was frame off. The chassis was painted with chassis paint from dupount. The front control arms are from Global west. It also has B-body spindles, with willwood brakes. The car also has a full air ride suspension set up using shock-wave bags in the front, and 1/4inch air line. The wheels and tires are Intro matix wheels that are 19x8 and 22x11 in the rear.

Interior: The stock SS dash was customized to include all new autometer gauges, a 7 inch screen, and molded to the bottom is the stereo. The audio/video in the car is mostly all Rockford Fostgate. The kick panels are custom done to house mids/highs from rockford, the rear deck is custom done to house 6x9s from rockford and a custom air port for the box in the trunk that houses 2 12 inch rockford fostgate subs. The trunk has $ panels molded to fit tight in the trunk and clean it up. There is also nitrous bottles in the truck for the motor.

Thats kind of a over view of the car. If you have any questions, i'll do my best to answer them the best I can. Thans for reading this ad and here is some pics!! :willy:

http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/111241342.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/111241111.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/111241100.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/381316037.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/381316031.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/381316033.jpg
http://pic90.picturetrail.com/VOL2175/2669873/5329820/381315928.jpg

slownova
09-16-2012, 05:03 PM
I'm also open to offers, or trades. Let me know what ya think!

slownova
10-04-2012, 09:54 PM
am i that far off?

Vegas69
10-04-2012, 10:56 PM
Your expectations are waaaaaaay to high. You are trying to get your investment back. Never going to happen.

I just sold this car for right around your asking price. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=37731&highlight=zl1

A black 69 Camaro with top shelf parts including a custom built all aluminum ZL1.

slownova
10-06-2012, 12:43 AM
Where should I be?

Rick D
10-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Where should I be?

It's tough to say, as it's been said over and over it's worth what someone is willing to pay!

The issue is when you start at 90k and say best offer most will think that you will come down a few thousand but not much more. I'm not saying its not worth the 90k. First you can not compare it to Todd's car, they are two very different cars. His is a 69 Camaro and yours is 70 Chevelle, then yours is built to more of a resto mod. Then you can go down the list of other differences.

The best places to gauge what it's worth is first write a very detailed description of the car down to the very last little things you've done to the car, then put it up on eBay with what you think you would sell it for. At the same time look at some of the auction houses past sales to see what some of the same type of cars have sold for (remember that those prices have the commission included).

Also this forum may not be the best to gauge what's its worth because it's not a street/track car it's more of a resto mod.

Hope this helps! GLWS :thumbsup:

MarkM66
10-06-2012, 07:44 AM
Try ebay using a real auction format, and see where it goes.

Van B
10-06-2012, 08:48 AM
Your expectations are waaaaaaay to high. You are trying to get your investment back. Never going to happen.

I just sold this car for right around your asking price. http://www.lateral-g.net/forums/showthread.php4?t=37731&highlight=zl1

A black 69 Camaro with top shelf parts including a custom built all aluminum ZL1.

What about not posting negative things in people's for sale threads? Seems to me that is a forum rule. I had my posts deleted from your for sale thread when it was not conducive to your sale.

Ron in SoCal
10-06-2012, 08:56 AM
Where should I be?

I'm gonna take a stab at it. I'm no expert so please take this with a grain of salt and no disrespect intended to your beautiful car. As Rick said, restomod. It's the right year, frame off. The color doesn't do it for me personally nor the stripes but to the eventual buyer it will not be a deal killer.

Well executed 70s go for about 65k I'd guess? Ultra clean? Maybe 75k for the right buyer?

The eBay idea above is a good one. I'd also present it to a couple of auction houses for opinion of its value.

GLWS :cheers:

hifi875
10-06-2012, 09:17 AM
On a custom it's very tricky because it's built to your liking. I think it's a really nice ride. But you'll be lucky to get .60 cents on the dollar. It's a buyers market and there is a lot of inventory out there. Just mho. I hope I am wrong but it's not going to do 90k. There is a lot of pro built cars out there that are selling at a steep discount of the investment made in them

slownova
10-06-2012, 10:33 AM
I understand that it's a bad for sale ad. I just posted it late one night:cheers: I'll get something better put together. eBay is a good idea. I'm also not the one comparing my car to Todd's. He did, and I don't feel we're in the same class. I'm just putting a feeler out on it. If I lose money I do, if not, awesome. I'm just putting it out there and hoping for the best.

camcojb
10-06-2012, 10:34 AM
What about not posting negative things in people's for sale threads? Seems to me that is a forum rule. I had my posts deleted from your for sale thread when it was not conducive to your sale.

Good point Jeff. In this case the original poster asked where he should be, so that changes things. Also, in some cases the original poster will ask for an edit, which we handle.

slownova
10-06-2012, 10:41 AM
The only edit I currently would like is for you to remove the letter I from everyone's posts. Or rewrite my for sale ad but I doubt either of those will happen, so game on!

Stuart Adams
10-06-2012, 11:51 AM
Barrett Jackson Scottsdale would be a good spot for your car IMO. A lot of exposure, a lot of people with money, it will sell and resto mods have done well lately. The tire kickers and flee bay people will beat you to death with this car. All my opinion. Nice car.

Vegas69
10-06-2012, 11:59 AM

He asked for my opinion, I didn't ask for yours.

Take your time and put together the most professional description and group of photos you can muster. I'd also do a good video which is my only regret with selling mine. Don't throw Ebay in the drink, you never know. My buyer ran across my car not even being in the market. It sold on it's 3rd run.

talwell
10-06-2012, 09:19 PM
If I can chime in with a personal opinion I will. Should you want me to remove it or edit I gladly will.

As for your car - the price range that you have started it in is usually reserved for quite high end cars. This is not to say that your car is not a high end car but I dont think it has alot of the sizzle factors or technology that you will find in these high end cars.

My only other negative opinion is in regards to your choice of colors. You have built the car to look stunning but at the same time your color choices are very specific and not very popular. We all build cars to fit our desires - the down side of this is that it severely limits your audience when it comes time to sell to someone else that would have similar tastes to you.

I dont think eBay would be a very viable option for it. Besides the endless amounts of emails from people that have no intention or no money to buy, you will also see that the prices people are willing to pay on the site are extremely low. I would not expect to see anyone bid higher than high $40's or low $50's on your car.

You could try one of the retail auction houses. Once again you will be facing an uphill battle trying to find someone with similar tastes as you but from time to time people will come out of the woodwork and shock you.

Good luck with the sale - it is the right car, the right year and someone else will love it as much as you do if you keep looking long enough.

FETorino
10-06-2012, 09:53 PM
Post it on e-bay.

Start the auction at $59k high enough so people don't just bid because they are lowballing but not so high that people think you have no room to deal.

Leave your reserve at whatever you are comfortable with.

Follow Todd's advice: lots of pics, lots of pics of the stripped body and body work done right. I can look at the plumbing routing, electrical connections, amount of goop on gasket areas, compression test, cut an oil filter, blah, blah bla... on a car yo get a pretty good idea of mechanical soundness but I want to see pictures of the prep on a pretty paint job.

You probably won't sell it on there but I bet you get some inquires that may lead to a sale.

Sure Barrett Jackson gets a lot of exposure but the seller fee is pretty steep isn't it?

It's not like you're selling a Torino, although it does have Intros, :D so you'll find a buyer. You just have to find someone with the same taste as you.

:cheers:

The T-man
10-17-2012, 01:47 AM
$45-60K range