PDA

View Full Version : looking for a good buffer

black2002ls
03-14-2006, 02:28 PM
I just picked up my 03 s-10. I would like to begin changing it to the condition of my 02. First off is stripping the emblems. I've got the eraser wheel, and a heat gun. I want to pick up a buffer before I do it so that I can buff the truck when I am done. Can anyone make some recomendations. I would prefer not to break the bank.

Russell

67velle
03-24-2006, 10:09 PM
Dewalt makes a great wheel .I have had mine for years remember you get what you pay for!!

Sales@Dutchboys
03-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Dewalt makes a great wheel .I have had mine for years remember you get what you pay for!!

QUOTE QUOTE .........You get what you pay for
Milwalkee makes a good one also.....

ProStreet R/T
03-24-2006, 10:15 PM
Do you mean buffer or polisher? Buffer would be the high powered dewalt style, looks like a big angle grinder. Polisher is your typical orbital auto polish deal. HUGE difference between the two.

Not trying to be insulting, but if you don't have the experience a buffer will do more damage than good.

If your looking for a polisher, porter cable makes an excellent, very easy to use setup.

http://www.topoftheline.com/porter-cable-polisher-7336.html

Sales@Dutchboys
03-24-2006, 10:18 PM
Do you mean buffer or polisher? Buffer would be the high powered dewalt style, looks like a big angle grinder. Polisher is your typical orbital auto polish deal. HUGE difference between the two.

Not trying to be insulting, but if you don't have the experience a buffer will do more damage than good.

If your looking for a polisher, porter cable makes an excellent, very easy to use setup.

http://www.topoftheline.com/porter-cable-polisher-7336.html

He's right if you dont know what your doing............Forget about it.....

67velle
03-24-2006, 10:20 PM
Good point! unless you have a painter on staff be careful with that dewalt!! :faint:

68protouring454
03-24-2006, 11:34 PM
i personally like the makita, variable speed buffer, from 600-3000 works very well and last long time, i do collision and resto work for a living and love the makita
jake

67PTCAMARO
03-25-2006, 12:39 AM
I have a Porter Cable buffer and looks like very well made. It's made in Germany and was surprized to see that these days.

black2002ls
04-11-2006, 10:14 PM
I guess I meant polisher. Thanks for clarifying! I have had experience with a polisher. This is what I plan to do. Strip the emblems. Hit the entire truck with some 3m Microfinish and then wax.

Recommendations welcome.

importkiller69ss
04-23-2006, 11:53 AM
there right those buffer spin so many rpms you cna burn a paint job right off in seconds....buy one and go find a helpless car to practice on.. thats what i did but man does it make a difference on everything...and dewalt make a great one