PDA

View Full Version : OK...this may sound stupid but......

novanutcase
03-14-2006, 01:41 AM
I have been told that there is a company making full body METAL shells of 66-67 chevy 2's. Does anybody know who these people are and how I can get ahold of them? :wow:

sledge33
03-14-2006, 08:18 AM
Check with Year One.I believe they sell them.

Musclerodz
03-14-2006, 09:38 AM
I don't think so yet. I would bet they confused them with the Promax Nova.

Mike

novanutcase
03-15-2006, 02:34 AM
Promax? Who are they and how can I see what they have?

novanutcase
03-15-2006, 02:37 AM
I can't seem to find a '66 Nova nova no post. I am looking at a '66 post but I was wondering if the post can be cut out. I would imagine that the rear(and maybe the front)windows will need to be replaced and maybe even the regulators. Can this be done? :fluffy:

JayR
03-22-2006, 03:55 PM
I can't seem to find a '66 Nova nova no post. I am looking at a '66 post but I was wondering if the post can be cut out. I would imagine that the rear(and maybe the front)windows will need to be replaced and maybe even the regulators. Can this be done? :fluffy:

There are a lot of differences between a post car and a hardtop, not the least of which is the post. The front and rear glass are way steeper and the roof is taller as a result. It would look goofy and out of proportion as well as being a lot of work. Now if you laid the windshield back about 6-8 inches and lopped off the rest of the top, you'd have a sweet Nova Speedster.
Just let me know if you need it drawn up!
Jason
www.jasonrushforth.com

jonny51
03-22-2006, 04:35 PM
Here is a members Promax Nova.It was recently for sale for 80k as is.

http://www.lateral-g.net/members/campbellpromax/

race-rodz
03-23-2006, 12:35 AM
Now if you laid the windshield back about 6-8 inches and lopped off the rest of the top, you'd have a sweet Nova Speedster.

been there, done it, scrapped it, it sounds cool in theory, and i had a 66 parts car with a monster moon roof installed, and thought about a carson style removable hard top on a speedster nova would be super trick, problem was the car just plain looks "goofy" without the lid.

however the raked and chopped windsheild just might make it work...... if you draw it, they will build it :bow:

JayR
03-23-2006, 12:48 AM
however the raked and chopped windsheild just might make it work...... if you draw it, they will build it :bow:

Thanks Bud. Trust me, that windshield angle will make or break it. Then clean up that open package tray area and you've got a winner. I've got the pens if you got the cut off wheels! I even do full scale blow ups to hang on the wall and measure from while you're working!

novanutcase
03-23-2006, 03:44 AM
Any way I can see it on paper? :rofl:

JayR
03-23-2006, 05:21 PM
Any way I can see it on paper? :rofl:

No problem, just hire me.
I tried to email you but your address is hidden on your profile so drop me a line and we can discusss it. I'm a lot cheaper than ruining a Nova body, know what I mean? And if the Speedster design doesn't turn your crank, I'll stay on the job until we find something that does.
Jason
[email protected]
www.jasonrushforth.com

race-rodz
03-24-2006, 10:13 PM
I've got the pens if you got the cut off wheels! I even do full scale blow ups to hang on the wall and measure from while you're working!

sweet...its a deal. but i have about 312 projects ahead of it, so dont wait by the phone just yet :rofl:

JayR
03-26-2006, 11:34 AM
sweet...its a deal. but i have about 312 projects ahead of it, so dont wait by the phone just yet :rofl:

Don't worry, I wasn't holding my breath