PDA

View Full Version : New member, south Ga

one+g
03-12-2006, 04:10 PM
Hey, I just found this site and its awesome! I have owned 30 + vehicles so far and just sold my 2000 ss camaro in Jan. I have a 93 5.0 Notch project I just Got back out of storage. I installed a 95gt suspension and 4 wheel discs on it. In 98 while in college I had an ex drag style 79 Malibu, and I came across a 95 t-56 trans. Being a nut I spent school money on the trans. Mustang buddies laughed at me and said that will never be in the Malibu. With No cash and minimal skills, and tools, I fabricated a Manual pedal setup from a 70's vega and a firewall adapter for the hydraulic clutch setup. With 3.42 rear the car would go 70 on the freeway at justa above idle for the cam it had. Topend was silly fast and it still had the 10 disc and drum setup that was shot. I had 16 " Iroc wheels on it and the spool made curves dangerous. I sold that car to finance a house a few years back. My dream was to do a body off, narrow the chassis and install a full c-4 suspension. Since owning the Ls1 Camaro, I would also want to go modified Ls1 and probably auto to go on long trips with the family. I fumbled across two malibu candidates recently.
http://www.maliburacing.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31555
Thats a link to an Ls1 Malibu but I want to add the C4 suspension and maybe 18x 9 front 18x 10.5 rear
What do ya think? I love the Notch But they are everywhere! Also the Ls1 is lightyears ahead of any factory Naturally aspirated Ford Factory Engine Short of the GT

Sales@Dutchboys
03-12-2006, 04:18 PM
:) Welcome to the site

XcYZ
03-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Welcome, I'm glad to hear you enjoy the site. Keep us posted on the Malibu project. :thumbsup:

McssGmachine
03-12-2006, 07:13 PM
Welcome to the site! We need more g-bodys on here. :thumbsup:

Mike Hall
03-12-2006, 11:44 PM
Where in south GA are you from? I live in Camilla if you know where that is. LOL I have a 69 camaro with plans for a Twin turbo LS1. I just started tearing into my car last week but I have been working slow do to Injuries from riding MX. I guess i need to give up MX untill my camaro is done. LOL

Mike

fletcherscustoms
03-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Wow more and more south GA guys coming forward!! I am in between Thomasville and Moultrie!! If you south guys need anything let me know I am a dealer for Goodmark and lots of other stuff

Ummgawa
03-13-2006, 08:22 AM
I live just outside of Atlanta below I-20. So I am a south Georgia Boy too. Welcome to the best site on the net. period. :thumbsup:

907rs
03-13-2006, 02:15 PM
Welcome. :thumbsup: Keep us posted.

one+g
03-13-2006, 03:49 PM
I live just North of Douglas about an hour North and east of Valdosta for those who have never been in the sticks. I have always loved max speed and turns. Lucky to be alive bc of the immature high speed stunts I used to pull.
I had My 2000 ss I sold at the swap meet in Moultrie last November. It was the only Black One there. Did you see the 79 Malibu there that was Plain jane looking painted a cream color with 17's on it? It listed having a 500 hp engine in it. You wouldnt even notice the car it was so plain otherwise. Anyways, we get enough people in this general area we should try to all get together sometime at a track. Ive just tired of some of the events I have been to where its only straight line racing, and there are lots of teen boys drinking and cussing is there only language. I have small kids to think about now. At one time in college I had a friend who had somehow made contacts and arranged a one day deal at road Atlanta. It was gonna cost ten thousand but they were splitting it ten ways to have about 8 hrs track time. Just a wild thought. My stang is not ready and the other project is all paper. Hope to at least have the Notch back up by June. I just enjoy hanging out with anyone who loves cars and speed.

fletcherscustoms
03-13-2006, 03:52 PM
We are always at the swap meet!!! We got about 10 spots under the radio tower!!

Lets see this last november we had a body dropped orange/silver burban there, red bagged 70 chevy truck, 05 GMc crew cab with bags and 22's, big blown hemi challenger, and a black 69 camaro with 18/20's

one+g
03-13-2006, 04:07 PM
I did notice the 05 crew cab sitting on the rails. Wasnt it silver? If it s the same one I saw it had extensive metal and chassis work.

Bill Howell
03-13-2006, 05:13 PM
I live just outside of Atlanta below I-20. So I am a south Georgia Boy too. Welcome to the best site on the net. period. :thumbsup:

That is south Atlanta fool, South Ga. is a whole nother world... :rofl:
Even though I live in God's country now, I spent the first 39 years of my life in Macon. Welcome aboard all you SG guys. jump on in, the water is fine. :thumbsup:

BTW, if you all hook up at Reynolds for a little drag racing, I will come on down.

67Sally
03-14-2006, 02:54 AM
Welcome to the site.
W.

fletcherscustoms
03-14-2006, 07:31 AM
yeah the 05 was silver, that was my personal daily driven shop truck!! We cut it up and did the all the suspension with a big 146 miles on it!!! Was so much fun driving it from the dealer to the shop, putting on the rack, and taking a plasma to it!!! I miss daily, but I had to sell it to finance my 2 camaro projects. It now lives in Pasadena, TX.

Ummgawa
03-14-2006, 07:42 AM
That is south Atlanta fool, South Ga. is a whole nother world... :rofl: .

Bill, If where I live is South Atlanta, Then YOU live in North Georgia. I played College Football with a truckload of Valdosta and Loundes County Boys, Even been to the Annual "War" when they play each other more times than I'd like to admit.

Bill Howell
03-14-2006, 09:43 AM
They grow them boys big in South Ga. Like playing ball with tanks.... :thumbsup: