PDA

View Full Version : Kore 3 Rotors fitment

67autocross
07-28-2012, 08:39 PM
I just picked up some Kore 3 brakes for my Dodge Dart that uses Mustang II front spindles. The first thing I went to mock up was the rotor to the hub, if you look at the picture there is no way it will fit over the wheel studs. Has anyone had any problems with these?

Spiffav8
07-28-2012, 08:41 PM
Call Kore3. They will take great care of you!

Vegas69
07-28-2012, 10:09 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but the adjacent holes look to be in perfect position. I'm assuming you already tried that though.

FETorino
07-28-2012, 11:10 PM
Don't take this the wrong way but the adjacent holes look to be in perfect position. I'm assuming you already tried that though.

or not :rolleyes:

67autocross
07-29-2012, 12:08 AM

Off course...

camcojb
07-29-2012, 01:47 AM
I just picked up some Kore 3 brakes for my Dodge Dart that uses Mustang II front spindles. The first thing I went to mock up was the rotor to the hub, if you look at the picture there is no way it will fit over the wheel studs. Has anyone had any problems with these?

Pretty sure the Darts up to 73 or 74 had that oddball 5 on 4" b.c. which is too small for those rotors. They look to be for the normal 5 on 4.5" and 5 on 4.75". You'd either need different rotors, or have the hubs re-drilled. I'm thinking the hub re-drilling will be the only way to go, because there can't be many rotors in that small bolt circle.

67autocross
07-29-2012, 07:55 AM
Pretty sure the Darts up to 73 or 74 had that oddball 5 on 4" b.c. which is too small for those rotors. They look to be for the normal 5 on 4.5" and 5 on 4.75". You'd either need different rotors, or have the hubs re-drilled. I'm thinking the hub re-drilling will be the only way to go, because there can't be many rotors in that small bolt circle.

Both the hubs and the rotor came from Kore3 , I ordered it with 5 on 4.5" so that I could have the bigger bolt pattern. I checked the hub and it matches up with a 5 on 4.5' wheel so I'm guessing the rotor they use must be drilled in house and it is drilled wrong.

camcojb
07-29-2012, 09:31 AM
Both the hubs and the rotor came from Kore3 , I ordered it with 5 on 4.5" so that I could have the bigger bolt pattern. I checked the hub and it matches up with a 5 on 4.5' wheel so I'm guessing the rotor they use must be drilled in house and it is drilled wrong.

Yeah, you'll need to call Tobin on that one. He's a good guy, I'm sure he'll know what's going on.

Apogee
07-30-2012, 09:08 AM
Give us a call or shoot us an email and I'm sure we can get it sorted out, whatever the issue may be.

I sent you a PM with my contact information since it looks like you didn't buy these direct from us.

Tobin
KORE3

67autocross
07-30-2012, 05:03 PM
From the top...

MarkM66
07-30-2012, 05:35 PM
Okay, they don't fit, big freaking deal... :rolleyes:

Did you even call KORE3 yet?

Apogee
07-31-2012, 09:34 AM
...Did you even call KORE3 yet?

We got a call and we obviously messed up somehow with the CNC mill work...still not sure how it happened, but it did. We haven't gotten exact measurements, but it looks like a 5x4.25" wheel pattern from the pictures :wow: , which ironically we've never even done before, so where that CNC program came from is anybody's guess at this point.

No worries though, Marty has everything under control and is moving foward with "adjusting" the rotors. Thankfully the center bore is correct so hub-centricity is still spot-on, so the holes will be oversized to fit the 5x4.5 stud pattern if I'm not mistaken.

Tobin
KORE3

camcojb
07-31-2012, 10:35 AM
We got a call and we obviously messed up somehow with the CNC mill work...still not sure how it happened, but it did. We haven't gotten exact measurements, but it looks like a 5x4.25" wheel pattern from the pictures :wow: , which ironically we've never even done before, so where that CNC program came from is anybody's guess at this point.

No worries though, Marty has everything under control and is moving foward with "adjusting" the rotors. Thankfully the center bore is correct so hub-centricity is still spot-on, so the holes will be oversized to fit the 5x4.5 stud pattern if I'm not mistaken.

Tobin
KORE3
thanks for taking care of it Tobin. :thumbsup:

Sieg
07-31-2012, 11:36 AM
thanks for taking care of it Tobin. :thumbsup:

Never a doubt there wouldn't be prompt and honest resolution. :thumbsup:

brownz
08-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Back in 2009 I had the same issue. I called Tobin up and it was fixed with no issue at all. Some parts that come out have a small issue. But I know that KORE3 has the best customer service and will make it right, just need to call them first.

That is why I will continue to bu from KORE3!!!

Brandon

67autocross
08-02-2012, 11:36 PM
The customer service was so good I ordered another set of brakes form Kore3!
So a big thanks to Tobin for working this out with me, it would have been a big pain to ship these back from Canada.

camcojb
08-03-2012, 12:33 AM
The customer service was so good I ordered another set of brakes form Kore3!
So a big thanks to Tobin for working this out with me, it would have been a big pain to ship these back from Canada.

Tobin is well-known for great customer service. :thumbsup:

markss28
08-10-2012, 10:14 PM
Just to put in my 2 cents, I've purchased from kore3 for my 73 camaro. Great products and price. Customer services is best in the business IMHO. Im looking for another project and I will be purchasing my brakes from them no question.