PDA

View Full Version : Art Morrison motor mounts

snappytravis
07-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I was working on mock up of ls3 and t56 in 69 camaro with morrison gmax subframe, for some reason when I set the engine in the frame the lower edge of the motor mounts hit the frame before the holes line up, I can get one side lined up with the bolt through but not the other, the paperwork says tri5ls1, I am wondering if this is a different motor mount for another chassis or if they are all the same, I could possibly trim off aprox 1/4" on each side but thought I would ask for advice before I do anything and it's to late, any thoughts?

73camarols1
07-24-2012, 06:06 PM
I dont know if you have tried to call them. But I ordered some headers from them and they were for a 2nd gen but the paper work read 67 chevelle. I called them and they were having a staff meeting so I left a message. With in an hour they called back and told me the headers fit more than 1 car. But they were extremely nice and took the time to talk to me. So just saying give them a call. Bill

Ron in SoCal
07-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Agree w Bill. Great guys over there.

I had the same issue w my AME mounts. Needed some interior trimming to clear the round tube. Also did not set the motor back as far as I wanted, but worked out for my engine bay alright.

CraigMorrison
07-25-2012, 07:10 AM
Snappytravis - please give us a call! 800-929-7188 and any of our sales and tech guys can give you a hand!

Nvrdun69
08-13-2012, 09:34 AM
I had same problem I had to trim motor mounts for my ls2

3_z28camaro
08-16-2012, 12:21 AM
I also had the same problem with the Art Morrison LS motor mount kit in their Camaro subframe. Had to trim the mounts too. I e-mailed them two days ago about the problem but have not heard back. Funny you pay a lot for all their stuff but things do not fit.

Gandalf
08-25-2012, 05:29 PM
Had to trim mine also.

G

Jr
08-26-2012, 06:27 AM
I wonder what the problem is?

Jr
09-01-2012, 07:15 PM
Bump. Curious if they responded to anyone's emails.

dhutton
09-01-2012, 08:58 PM
My Art Morrison mounts fit fine a few years back when I assembled my AME subframe. Something must have changed. I used their headers too.

Why don't you just give them a call? I have always found their service to be excellent.

Don

IMPALA MAN
09-02-2012, 08:58 PM
I gotta chime in here. I can totally understand why people would ask on any forum about a problem with a product. It's VERY easy to be involved in a project when the manufacturer is not open. However, the manufacturer should be the first person to get a shot at correcting the issue. After that, then you can discuss the outcome. Think of it this way. You sell a car to another Lat G member. The buyer has a problem and posts the problem on a forum before ( if at all) contacting you. Just something to think about. Once again, I know it's easy to post first, but try the other route and you may be surprised.

snappytravis
09-03-2012, 02:55 PM
I gotta chime in here. I can totally understand why people would ask on any forum about a problem with a product. It's VERY easy to be involved in a project when the manufacturer is not open. However, the manufacturer should be the first person to get a shot at correcting the issue. After that, then you can discuss the outcome. Think of it this way. You sell a car to another Lat G member. The buyer has a problem and posts the problem on a forum before ( if at all) contacting you. Just something to think about. Once again, I know it's easy to post first, but try the other route and you may be surprised.

I do agree, I also I have realized that there are many different options for parts available for these cars, I can handle modifications here and there, I think that I have higher expectations for many of the aftermarket parts, You pay good money and shouldn't have to modify, I also called morrison, I was told we don't build these cars, I understand that so I go to the forums for info from guys that do build them and work on them everyday, wether as a hobby or profession someone has run across the problems I have had as well. I truly think the best answers come from this site and the guys that build the cars. I did call manufacturer and they said sometimes you have to trim, I just would expect bolt together stuff for the money, and hate to go cutting on new parts.

Vince@Meanstreets
09-03-2012, 04:01 PM
plus you can't buy the experience that exists on this site alone. you get everything sorted out Travis?

snappytravis
09-03-2012, 04:51 PM
plus you can't buy the experience that exists on this site alone. you get everything sorted out Travis?

Yes Vince, I got the clutch, and brake setup mounted yesterday looks good, I will mount mc and prop valve next and start running brake lines, Thanks for the help.

IMPALA MAN
09-03-2012, 08:24 PM
I do agree, I also I have realized that there are many different options for parts available for these cars, I can handle modifications here and there, I think that I have higher expectations for many of the aftermarket parts, You pay good money and shouldn't have to modify, I also called morrison, I was told we don't build these cars, I understand that so I go to the forums for info from guys that do build them and work on them everyday, wether as a hobby or profession someone has run across the problems I have had as well. I truly think the best answers come from this site and the guys that build the cars. I did call manufacturer and they said sometimes you have to trim, I just would expect bolt together stuff for the money, and hate to go cutting on new parts.

Sounds fair enough to me. It sounds like you gave the manufacturer a shot at it and then asked on the forum. Kudos to you and thanks for clarifying. Best of luck on your project!