PDA

View Full Version : New takeout LS engine source?

BBC71Nova
07-09-2012, 02:41 PM
Peer pressure and frustration is getting to me. I'm toying with the idea of going with an LSx :_paranoid .

Once upon a time I saw a few basically brand new takeout L99/LS3 engines listed. I think maybe they were from performance shops that do packages, e.g. Lingenfelter, Fesler?, etc. Does anyone know of any still doing that?

I spoke with Travis (daytonayellaz) this morning and he regularly gets low mileage, i.e. <25k mi takeouts. Those can be had significantly less than a GMPP crate. Much more affordable to perform the swap than I thought. He is a huge help and seems really knowledgeable btw. Don't hesitate to give him a call if you are looking for a source.

I'm just trying to cost this all out. I need to get an idea of all the options and price differences.

Thanks!

camcojb
07-09-2012, 03:08 PM
Peer pressure and frustration is getting to me. I'm toying with the idea of going with an LSx :_paranoid .

Once upon a time I saw a few basically brand new takeout L99/LS3 engines listed. I think maybe they were from performance shops that do packages, e.g. Lingenfelter, Fesler?, etc. Does anyone know of any still doing that?

I spoke with Travis (daytonayellaz) this morning and he regularly gets low mileage, i.e. <25k mi takeouts. Those can be had significantly less than a GMPP crate. Much more affordable to perform the swap than I thought. He is a huge help and seems really knowledgeable btw. Don't hesitate to give him a call if you are looking for a source.

I'm just trying to cost this all out. I need to get an idea of all the options and price differences.

Thanks!we need to get Travis to become a supporting vendor so he can start advertising his engines. Heard nothing but good feedback on them.

BODYSHOPMARO
07-09-2012, 09:13 PM
we need to get Travis to become a supporting vendor so he can start advertising his engines. Heard nothing but good feedback on them.

travis is a local buddy of mine and he only sells, low milage great engines. I also have heard only good feedback from others about travis and he will go above and beond to help someone out :thumbsup:

olds87
07-09-2012, 09:26 PM
If I had the money to get engine from Travis, I would do it in a heartbeat.

camcojb
07-09-2012, 10:19 PM
travis is a local buddy of mine and he only sells, low milage great engines. I also have heard only good feedback from others about travis and he will go above and beond to help someone out :thumbsup:
same thing I've heard. :thumbsup:

BBC71Nova
07-09-2012, 10:35 PM
Little off topic but would you have any reservation about going with a low mileage takeout e.g. <25k mi vs. a new crate? I guess by the time you clean it up, swap intakes, oil pans, and throw an accessory drive on it you couldn't visually tell much difference in the car.

I am very particular about my junk and have a hard time buying used stuff because I always wonder how the previous owner treated it. You just never know.

Then again, having one that you aren't as afraid to hurt might be more fun :unibrow:

GRob
07-11-2012, 09:48 AM
At the very least I'd get a compression test done. Leak down would be better still. Other than that the cosmetic stuff can be fixed, no?

tango68ss
07-13-2012, 05:26 PM
Travis is a good guy to work with.... what started out as a "hobby" is becoming a "business". he gets only quality stuff and is always just a phone call away! This is how well he packages up his products! No bad cuts and you get a piece-of-mind that your pull-out has been handled well.http://screaminperformance.com/gallery/Current%20Projects/TC's%2068%20SS%20Vert/slides/IMG_5704.JPG

Any time I had a question about the engine while installing, he would talk to us over the phone.. if he didn't know the answer, he'd find someone who did!
http://screaminperformance.com/gallery/Current%20Projects/TC's%2068%20SS%20Vert/slides/IMG_7786.JPGhttp://screaminperformance.com/gallery/Current%20Projects/TC's%2068%20SS%20Vert/slides/IMG_7797.JPG

FWIW, I will recommend buying an LSx set-up from him!

TC

daytonayellaz
07-14-2012, 09:59 AM
WOW!!! Thanks guys... Between owning and operating a home improvement business (24 years now, Damn Im getting old:thumbsup:)and doing these engines.....Im flat wore out. LOL. But when I run across these posts sure makes all the hard work seem not so bad.:cheers:

gnx7
09-01-2012, 01:10 PM
I emailed you a couple weeks ago Travis.... no reply.

[email protected] is my email.

Thx

andrew69_04
11-03-2012, 09:42 AM
I know im new here, but i've been selling ls pullouts for the past 5-6 years now. I've got 2 ls1 setups in stock right now, both under 40k if thats something your interested in

oldgoat
11-10-2012, 06:22 AM
Look at car-part.com . I bought my LQ4 with Magnacharger delivered for $1100.00.

frankv11
11-10-2012, 03:00 PM
Look at car-part.com . I bought my LQ4 with Magnacharger delivered for $1100.00.

wow that is a steal:thumbsup:

kainedogg
11-21-2012, 04:15 PM
wow that is a steal:thumbsup:

That's an understatement :wow:

kainedogg
11-21-2012, 04:23 PM

You find me a similar one that checks out, I will give you a $100 paypal finders fee if the deal goes through..that simple :woot: