PDA

View Full Version : LS9 in 57 Chevy Pushing Oil Through PCV...Need Help ASAP!!!!

jkade72
07-04-2012, 03:49 PM
I have a buddy that has put a ls9 in a 57 chevy and he has to leave with it tomorrow for Columbus Good Guys. He says it is pushing oil through the pcv and filled the intake up. Said the first thing he did was check all his lines and the are correct for the oil tank, etc. The motor is brand new, Any ideas???? Any help would be appreciated!!!!!

HRBS
07-04-2012, 04:20 PM
Get a dual chamber catch can. Install one line from the valley to the can and then the other to the intake manifold. Make sure the can is mounted higher than the valley or you will fill it up and defeat the purpose.
We did this to an LS7 and it relieved the problem. I will try to find the company name we used.

HRBS
07-04-2012, 04:37 PM
Elite Engineering. Here is an LS7 install link.
I have never worked on an LS9 so I dont know how they are in comparison.
He could also try a vented oil cap as a quick fix.

http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Installation_Instructions_LS7_Catch_Can.pdf

jkade72
07-04-2012, 08:51 PM
Elite Engineering. Here is an LS7 install link.
I have never worked on an LS9 so I dont know how they are in comparison.
He could also try a vented oil cap as a quick fix.

http://eliteengineeringusa.com/Installation_Instructions_LS7_Catch_Can.pdf

Appreciate it, I tried to call him a while ago and see if they had figured anything out but they must have said to hell with it and went to bed. They have been working on about 2 or 3 hours of sleep or not at all for the last week and a half. He put a ls7 in a 41 chevy last year for a customer and did not have any trouble so who knows. I will chime in on the fix, maybe a catch can will work at least to get it to Columbus.

HRBS
07-05-2012, 07:00 AM
The boosted LS9 will create more pressure faster than an LS7.
But again, I am not familar with the LS9's particulars.
Hope he gets it worked out and it doesnt cause him to miss the show ! :thumbsup: