PDA

View Full Version : MC questions

orangevert
05-28-2012, 01:45 PM
I bought a MC and 9" Brake booster from DSE. 69 Camaro with Beer T4 brakes.
I bench bleed MC and vacuum bled it, Im having a problem getting fluid to lines. Ive blown them out for debre, Im using a vacuum brake bleed system?

One thing I've noticed is there is little tiny pieces of metal shavings in the fluid in the reservoir. Could I have a bad MC

Any thoughts?

Apogee
05-29-2012, 05:18 PM
I bought a MC and 9" Brake booster from DSE. 69 Camaro with Beer T4 brakes.
I bench bleed MC and vacuum bled it, Im having a problem getting fluid to lines. Ive blown them out for debre, Im using a vacuum brake bleed system?

One thing I've noticed is there is little tiny pieces of metal shavings in the fluid in the reservoir. Could I have a bad MC

Any thoughts?

Metal shavings anywhere in a brake system are never a good thing, but that may or may not be related to your issue. What process did you use to bench bleed the MC? Are your hard lines all new? I would start by confirming that the MC is fully bench bleed and then go from there. Manual versus pressure versus gravity versus vacuum bleeding, each has it's pros and cons, but you should be able to get the job done with any of them or some combination thereof.

Tobin
KORE3

orangevert
05-29-2012, 05:52 PM
Metal shavings anywhere in a brake system are never a good thing, but that may or may not be related to your issue. What process did you use to bench bleed the MC? Are your hard lines all new? I would start by confirming that the MC is fully bench bleed and then go from there. Manual versus pressure versus gravity versus vacuum bleeding, each has it's pros and cons, but you should be able to get the job done with any of them or some combination thereof.

Tobin
KORE3

Thanks Tobin,

I called DSE today and they told me what to do to check the MC.

I actually took lines off the MC today and gentle pressed brake pedal and got some out of the back and none from the front, It looks like I have a bad MC.

Thanks again Tobin.