PDA

View Full Version : Slooooooow

Vegas69
04-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Thought it was my old crappy computer but it's been happening at the office and now on my new home computer. Maybe Greg Weld has put us over the bandwidth. :D

Flash68
04-24-2012, 11:30 PM
yep... it's been intermittently slow for me lately too.... maybe it's related to the notion that Scott and Jody don't over protect their sponsor/vendors so much like other sites. :lol:

Kidding, of course. :_paranoid

camcojb
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
been happening for a while. For me always in the 9:15-9:30 pm PST. Going to have to call Inmotion Hosting, I think some backup or something is happening.

Rod P
04-24-2012, 11:35 PM
Ahh! :mad: I thought this was about something else :cheers:

Vegas69
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
It's definitely intermitent and I agree Jody, it's usually worse in the evening but it does happen from time to time during the day.

Vegas69
04-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Ahh! :mad: I thought this was about something else :cheers:

I'd never admit to such a thing. :lol:

Flash68
04-24-2012, 11:48 PM
been happening for a while. For me always in the 9:15-9:30 pm PST. Going to have to call Inmotion Hosting, I think some backup or something is happening.

Yeah def happened to me lately during the day time as well. Luckily if I just do this it eventually works.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff245/flash68/keyboardrage4ov.gif

Sieg
04-25-2012, 12:00 AM
I thought turbo lag was a thing of the past?

waynieZ
04-25-2012, 01:26 PM
I've been having the same problems too, probably around the same time . Accept here its 1AM so I give up and hit the sack.

ChristiN
04-26-2012, 08:44 AM
Hi Jody,

My name is Christi and I'm with the InMotion Hosting Customer Community. Just wanted to drop by and say hello and see if there is anything we can do to assist with your site. If you could send in an email to [email protected] with details on what's happening and when it's happening, we would be happy to have our Systems Team take a look at the resource usage on the server and offer suggestions for resolving this. Just be sure to include account verification in your email (AMP password or last 4 digits of credit card) so account specifics can be discussed.

Regards,

Christi N.

camcojb
04-26-2012, 09:25 AM
Hi Jody,

My name is Christi and I'm with the InMotion Hosting Customer Community. Just wanted to drop by and say hello and see if there is anything we can do to assist with your site. If you could send in an email to [email protected] with details on what's happening and when it's happening, we would be happy to have our Systems Team take a look at the resource usage on the server and offer suggestions for resolving this. Just be sure to include account verification in your email (AMP password or last 4 digits of credit card) so account specifics can be discussed.

Regards,

Christi N.

thanks Christi. Scott will get you that info. How did you find this thread? For me, it's like a switch is thrown at 9 pm PST and lasts for 30-40 minutes. Then it's right back on track. Happens 7 days per week, exact same time. By the way, I see your ads on the Corvette Forum. :thumbsup:

Flash68
04-26-2012, 07:11 PM
I have been having this happen off and on throughout different days... it has been slow off and on for the past 15 minutes for me here.

And all other forums/tabs are working fine and at full speed FYI.

:thumbsup:

garickman
04-26-2012, 07:16 PM
Slow for me right now, but usually in the evenings, 8:30-9:30 pm.

Track Junky
04-26-2012, 08:53 PM
Starts at 9:00 p.m for me and lasts about 40 minutes.

Sieg
04-26-2012, 09:00 PM
I couldn't access the site from the office PC this afternoon, but no access problems using my phone.

GregWeld
05-07-2012, 11:16 PM
Yep --- 9:13 PM and having trouble posting with seriously slow response.

GregWeld
05-09-2012, 07:29 PM
One other thing I've noticed lately is that I'm not getting ALL the emails when people reply to posts I'm subscribed to. Often I log on to find several posts and they never do show up in my inbox (email).

This happened the other day. Must have been 5 or 6 posts in a thread and I was surprised to find them!

camcojb
05-09-2012, 08:13 PM
One other thing I've noticed lately is that I'm not getting ALL the emails when people reply to posts I'm subscribed to. Often I log on to find several posts and they never do show up in my inbox (email).

This happened the other day. Must have been 5 or 6 posts in a thread and I was surprised to find them!

do you have a second email address that you could temporarily try to see if i makes a difference? Be best if it's a different service company (gmail instead of yahoo, etc.) I've heard of this, even on accounts that have worked fine for years, and often trying a different email fixes it. Sometimes your email service provider gets spam reports from others and temporarily blocks them; they'll work sometimes, and other times not.

GregWeld
05-09-2012, 08:37 PM
I don't Jody -- and it's really not very important - I was really just "reporting" the issue since there seems to be other issues (the slowness is really a bummer!)

camcojb
05-09-2012, 08:41 PM
I don't Jody -- and it's really not very important - I was really just "reporting" the issue since there seems to be other issues (the slowness is really a bummer!)

I agree, and it's not falling on deaf ears believe me. They just haven't figured it out yet.

intocarss
05-12-2012, 08:34 PM
I have have issues where i click on a thread or to go to the next page and it just sits there doing nothing. I have left it like that for 5 mins just to see what happens and nothing.

I close the site and when I re-open it says "waiting for responce from lat-g" and again just sits there doing nothing. It mostly happens in the evening. NOT complaining just letting you know

camcojb
05-13-2012, 10:08 AM
We will be contacting them tomorrow. Their initial checking found no issues; no maintenance going on at the time, no major jump in traffic, etc. But there has to be something, it happens almost exactly the same time every day and it's happening to too many different people.

camcojb
05-14-2012, 04:55 PM
well, some good news today. They have determined that there is definitely a load at the times we've noticed, and it's not driven by traffic. They have to now monitor everything, and wait for it to happen again (it will).

Hopefully we're close to figuring it out. Thanks for your patience guys.

Sieg
05-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Spiders causing the load?

camcojb
05-14-2012, 05:04 PM
Spiders causing the load?
No idea yet, they had to turn on some monitoring software to figure it out. Now it's a wait and see, which will happen for sure tonight, but it appears to follow 4 hour intervals.

camcojb
05-15-2012, 10:56 AM
They think they've got it figured out. Let me know if you still notice slowdowns in the evening. I'll be watching it tonight.

intocarss
05-15-2012, 08:13 PM
So far so good today Not one glitch

UPDATE 4 hours and no issues Thanks!

Vegas69
05-15-2012, 11:54 PM
I bet they put a daily post limit on a few of the guys around here. When they hit the limit a buzzer and red light goes off on their monitor. :lol:

Sieg
08-21-2012, 08:05 AM
FWIW - Over the last week the site has been hanging, most noticable on "New Post" search, also clicking on last reply button. No problem with other sites and have been using home and office computers and connections. Pending server issues?

Last week Internet Explorer was giving me the "cannot connect to internet message"

camcojb
08-21-2012, 09:23 AM
FWIW - Over the last week the site has been hanging, most noticable on "New Post" search, also clicking on last reply button. No problem with other sites and have been using home and office computers and connections. Pending server issues?

Last week Internet Explorer was giving me the "cannot connect to internet message"

Inmotion hosting had an issue on Monday and Tuesday of last week around 4 pm PST with their equipment, not related to our site per se. Otherwise it's been normal for me. What time of the day were you having issues?