PDA

View Full Version : Check out the NEW Lateral-g Artwork page!

XcYZ
02-28-2006, 11:36 PM
Guys, check out the NEW Lateral-g Artwork page (http://www.lateral-g.org/artwork/). I've been working on it for a while now, but it's finally to the point where I can go live with it.

As you'll see, we now have a dedicated Wallpaper section. Look for several more additions, including Wallpaper specific images from Kris Horton and John McBride. I also want to say thanks to Charley for sending some really hi-res shots of the Mule for use of Wallpapers as well.

There's also areas specific to 3D renderings, regular car art, and scale models. As Lateral-g Members add renderings to their pages, it will be noted and linked from the Artwork page.

Check it out! :thumbsup:

www.lateral-g.org/artwork

Huxsol81
02-28-2006, 11:42 PM
Once again you have raised the bar! :cool:

jonny51
02-28-2006, 11:59 PM
Cool Scott,do you sleep? :D

XcYZ
03-01-2006, 12:00 AM
Sleep? You mean I supposed to do that? :faint: lol

Kendall Burleson
03-01-2006, 11:07 AM
That art page is killer I want to see more of the member car soon :yes: :bow: :bow:

TravisB
03-01-2006, 11:34 AM
very nice scott I have been watching you make progress on it for awhile now....very nice.

Rybar
03-01-2006, 11:43 AM
The Artwork page looks cool Scott. Nice job! :thumbsup:

JayR
03-01-2006, 11:46 AM
Thanks for supporting the arts, Scott! It's a nice blend of cars and culture that makes Lat-g even that much better and is great exposure for us artists.
Thanks Scott!

Autokraft
03-01-2006, 12:46 PM
Very nice there Scott :thumbsup:

Derek69SS
03-01-2006, 01:12 PM
Scott, my artwork is nowhere near the quality of the way cool stuff on there, but if you're looking for more member's artwork to put on there, I've got some of my sketches here: http://derek69ss.tripod.com/Car_Art/car_art.html

*note* my website sucks, and was never finished...

Kris Horton
03-01-2006, 01:32 PM
You're the man, Scott! Thank you for being such a big help in getting our names out there and our artwork seen! The site should be getting a handful of new art from me by next week. All kinds of cool stuff I've been working on over the past few months. :D

Kris

61Bubbletop
03-01-2006, 01:56 PM
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

:captain:

Speedster
03-01-2006, 02:28 PM
Oh man Scott, the rendering section is sweet. :thumbsup:

Hey - and a double thanks for putting a pic of the Freebird up there. I hope the final car will do justice to Kris' renderings and this site. The carbon fiber pieces should be pretty cool.

And as members, we will keep trying to figure out a mechanism to allow prints to be sold here. If the cost up front is high so that you don't get stuck - so be it. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Stuart Adams
03-01-2006, 02:31 PM
Awesome job Scott! The site has some really cool stuff.

Hey JT.

promax/vennom#16
03-01-2006, 02:51 PM
Scott, The art work page looks great!! I have my new wallpaper up and it's looking good !! You continue to amaze me with your talents. You should be hearing from me soon per our previous discussion. :thumbsup:
Dave

mdprovee
03-01-2006, 03:20 PM
Great addition Scott. Very nice stuff

XcYZ
03-02-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks guys! Glad you enjoy it. I know everyone enjoys cool car art of all types, so this was a natural progression. :thumbsup:

I added Jason's renderings last night. It's going to be a bitchin ride.

http://www.lateral-g.org/artwork/horton/Project%20FUeL%20Final%206%20small.jpg

You should be hearing from me soon per our previous discussion. :thumbsup:
Dave
Sounds good, Dave. :)

Sales@Dutchboys
03-02-2006, 02:42 PM
Thats Sick!!!

Kris Horton
03-02-2006, 03:26 PM
I can't wait to see that car come to life. Should be very evil!

Kris

Hydratech®
03-02-2006, 06:12 PM
Nice X Choice = Noice ! :lol:

:thumbsup:

Datsbad
03-02-2006, 09:04 PM
I can't wait to see that car come to life. Should be very evil!

Kris

Kris , I cant thank you enough , all my changes and ideas probably drove you crazy ! I should have named it Dr Evil !!

Kris Horton
03-02-2006, 09:14 PM
All in a day's work. Well...a couple of days...and a couple of changes. Came out nice though!

Kris

Datsbad
03-02-2006, 09:18 PM
yeah real nice .

email me about the mustang , i really need to get it going. thanks

black2002ls
03-02-2006, 10:12 PM
Scott, I'm in the process of writing up an overview of my project, and I'll try and get some good pictures. I hope to have it to you within the next week.

Russell

XcYZ
03-02-2006, 10:13 PM
Sounds great, Russell. :thumbsup:

CSTM-VN
03-16-2006, 04:44 AM
hey just wondering i do a few hand renderings myself of some australian muscle cars i sell, just wondering if you would be interested in posting them up? not for sale but just to show n add to the page?

Hdesign
03-19-2006, 08:21 AM
I just wanted to publically thank Scott for posting some of my work that can now be seen among the other incredibly talented artists in this forum. I can only hope my work will reflect the level of passion and and imagination that their work shows. I look forward to participating in as many discussions as my schedule allows.

Thanks again Scott! :bow:

XcYZ
03-19-2006, 08:55 AM
Welcome, Ben. :)

Here's some of his work that's on the Lateral-g artwork page. :thumbsup:

http://www.lateral-g.org/artwork/hermance/hermance_70nova.jpg

http://www.lateral-g.org/artwork/hermance/hermance_70camaro.jpg

Sales@Dutchboys
03-19-2006, 09:47 AM
Man! thats cool! welcome :thumbsup:

Hdesign
03-19-2006, 01:28 PM
Scott asked me if I would talk a little bit about my work and myself, just to give everyone a little background info if you're interested.

First off, the 70 Nova rendering is probably 1 of 200 renderings I've done on that car since I bought it in '00. (It comes with a long story that I'll share another time.) The trouble with designing your own car is that you're never ever happy with it. I'll post some progress photos of it soon, but since I'm married, own a "fixer-upper" house and have an 8 month old daughter, time is at a premium in my life.

Car design is actually my second job. I'm also an Industrial Designer by education and trade and I work in an ID consultancy outside of Boston, MA. I never went to a real Transportation Design school like Art Center in Pasadena, I had no time and less money. Though I graduated with honors with a Bachelor of Science degree in ID from Wentworth I.T. in Boston, everything I know about rendering and car design I completely taught myself by analyzing and copying rendering styles from magazines and books since I was a kid. My mother still has my first car drawing from when I was 4.

Anyway, back to the renderings. I really try not to pigeon hole myself into one particular artistic style or one vintage of car. I love designing all types: pro-touring g-machines, retro (rat) rods, new concepts, cartoons, and 50's style kustoms. I also enjoy mixing up my media by sometimes using traditional pencil, pen, marker and chaulk and other times using CAD programs like Photoshop and Illustrator to render. It mostly depends on what I think the best way is to convey the subject.

Well, that's the story. I'm willing to discuss any of my work with you anytime.

Thanks,

Ben

Diesel77
04-09-2006, 06:02 PM
I emailed a couple of the guys on the artwork section inquiring about having a sketch/sketches done for me but I havent had one response? Anyone interested or know who I can contact that will get back to me? Thnx guys

bigtyme1
10-19-2006, 09:32 PM
I'm with Diesel77, you guys do some excellent work, the best I've ever seen. I have emailed a few of the guys also with no responce. I would love to have a couple of framed rendering to boost my insperation to get this thing done. Anyway, keep up the good work and when your ready let me know.

Majik16106
11-04-2006, 06:39 PM
i might have to get ben to do some pics for me. i tried to get kris to do some.. but he a very very busy man. anyways.. awesome work guys... i wish i had that kind of talent.