PDA

View Full Version : Forgeline GZ3's, Satin Black Centers, Polished Outer Hoops

turbo67camaro
04-07-2012, 02:32 PM
Work has been crazy, and I've been slacking on posting project updates, but here's one, from Forgeline's black Friday sale. I'm very happy with the choice. Choosing wheels is agonizing.

Forgeline GZ3's, Satin Black Centers, Polished Outer Hoops, Satin Black Inner Hoops, Titanium Hardware

Front 18" x 8"
Rear 18" x 11"

Tires Kuhmo Ecsta XS

Front 235mm
Rear 315mm

Kuhmo's section width run a little wider, hence the choice of 235mm in front instead of a more standard 245mm, in stock subframe applications like mine.

My rear end is only slightly narrowed, hence the rear wheel lips are not huge like on many cars. I'm not a big fan of huge wheel lips.

I need to get a rear coilover reinstalled, so I can get it down on the ground for a better look. I've been slowly fiddling with how the rear shocks mount on this G-Bar installation. Once I get it on the ground, I'll post some better pictures outside in the sun.

I do have a front subframe rub at full lock, but I expected that, as the SPC lower control arms I have don't have steering stops like stock did. When I get time, once the car is drivable, I'll probably first try a shorter pitman arm to see if that stops the subframe rub. There's always the option of sending the Lee Engineering steering box to them for custom steering stops, or welding some steering stops on the lower control arms. I want to feel how the car drives first with the currently installed longer pitman arm.

Much thanks to Frank and Lisa at Prodigy Customs, and to Forgeline for making such an outstanding product . All indications are so far we nailed the wheel measurements, but I can't tell for sure until I get more weight installed, and I drive it.

Enjoy!

Mike

John510
04-07-2012, 04:39 PM
Much thanks to Frank and Lisa at Prodigy Customs

Enjoy!

Mike

You are VERY lucky they sent them and didn't keep your money like a lot of the other people on this board.