PDA

View Full Version : 1962 Fuel Injected Corvette

wiedemab
03-29-2012, 08:14 PM
This is the same car the I polled the group about the value of. My stepdad took the car to a Corvette restoration shop and had it assessed and had an estimate drawn up for a restoration. According to this shop, the car is all there and all of the identification on the components show that they are the original components on the car.

Based on the cost of the restoration he has decided to sell it. Per recommendation from the restoration shop he is asking (lowered again - he's looking to sell!) $65K OBO for the car.

At this point, I'm not looking for any more feedback on the value. He has decided this based on his research and the discussions that he has had with this restoration shop. If anyone is interested, please PM me and I can get you in touch with him.

I'm far from a Corvette expert so bare with me if I mis-speak. It is a '62 Fuel injected car (all numbers match). It was restored around 1990. It is a radio delete car (or no radio option was selected) and he also has the hard top for it. It is also a "big brake car" He has letters from an NCRS rep that inspected the car prior to and during the restoration which states that the car is what it is supposed to be. The really ODD thing about this car is that it was ordered from the factory to be painted a 1960 Pontiac Blue color. He has a notarized letter from the original owner (a school teacher from Ohio) that explains the entire order process and gives the history of the car while he owned it. It may be the only one that came from the factory in this color.

Since the restoration, he has driven the car off and on and it now resides at his home in Florida where he continues to drive it once or twice a month around town. To be back in top condition the car would need to be restored again, but everything from the original restoration is still in tact. The chrome is starting to show age, as is the paint etc..

I will post a few quick pics of it as well. If anyone has a thought of the value or knows someone that would be able to discuss the car in more detail I would appreciate it. I have copies of the documentation that accompanies the car that I could send to someone for review.

Just a little more info regarding the color.

I read through the letter from the original owner again and he states that it was painted Newport Blue. He details the process he had to go through to get the car in that color. One dealer told him they would order the car in primer only and paint it at there shop. Finally the dealer in Camden, OH got in touch with the factory in St. Louis and they said they would paint it any current GM color for no extra charge. The original owner had seen the Newport Blue on a '60 Pontiac and liked it.

When the car was to be restored in 1990, a NCRS rep inspected it and wrote a letter stating that at that time to the best of his ability to determine..........the paint on the car was the original factory applied paint - Newport Blue. It was subsequently restored.............and then driven for 22 years to arrive at the current state - all there, but a bit worse for the wear.

It starts, runs and drives.....He drove it 45 mins each way to and from the restoration shop.

The car is located in Manasota Key, FL.

Pictures (that I snapped quickly during out visit last week can bee see in the subsequent reply). I realize they could be better - sorry I was in a hurry. Better pictures can be supplied upon request

wiedemab
03-29-2012, 08:15 PM
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-KLR85TX5AxE/T247Jbj_WLI/AAAAAAAAICQ/5c3PO0QZymM/s640/IMG_6489.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-0MVrlzzhdek/T247Sd7oV3I/AAAAAAAAIC4/IC-c4AFV86g/s640/IMG_6496.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-I1AFG1lkWhc/T247SAZsIxI/AAAAAAAAICw/PJuTUkwCiG0/s640/IMG_6492.JPG

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-AS9JtrhDxHs/T247QTypGII/AAAAAAAAICo/naOIEZ6djDU/s640/IMG_6491.JPG

a few more pics at....

https://picasaweb.google.com/117038219755571058760/WayneS62Vette?authuser=0&authkey=Gv1sRgCKma6O-Mg-mHVw&feat=directlink

wiedemab
04-03-2012, 10:09 AM
Here a few more pics of the car and some info based on questions that have been asked.

Engine Block # 2CM
# 3782870

Fuel Injection # Part 7017300
Serial # 1205

Engine Pad Stamp 2103663 F1121RF

Trans Stamp 2103663 WJ1312

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/104173008389962471696/albums/5727186285115627073

uxojerry
05-17-2012, 11:04 PM
If the guy will join the Corvette Forum, he can place an ad there. My guess is $80k is a bit high but not by much, if all the numbers match. He could also get an NCRS guy to inspect it in advance. This will make for a quicker sale and help him get the most money. If he has both tops, that is a real plus.

wiedemab
05-18-2012, 06:54 AM
He spoke with an NCRS rep in the Sarasota, FL area. The car was driven up to Corvettes West, also in Sarasota where it was put up on a lift and inspected by the folks at Corvettes West as well as an NCRS rep.. That is where the recommended asking price came from was his discussions with these folks.

I've added a few pics of the underside of the car in the photo gallery. This link should work.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/117038219755571058760/albums/5723577834351224385?authkey=CKma6O-Mg-mHVw

Wayne (the owner and my step-dad) is a pretty busy guy, by his own accord. He will be traveling internationally quite a bit this summer so he has given me a bit more responsibility to negotiate on his behalf. That being said, obviously he is the owner of the car and deal would be with him, but I have some parameters to work within.

If anyone has any interest in the car, please feel free to shoot me a PM and/or email.

Thank you,

Brandon

wiedemab
05-31-2012, 07:28 AM
Here is a link to a .pdf scan of the documentation that goes with the car, related to the options and the special order color from the factory. The letter is broken up kind of weird because they are written on "legal" sized paper and my Mom had to make copies onto "letter" sized paper in order to get it to scan properly. The originals of these documents are in perfect, legible condition.

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B2U2uHMfaRGfS19fMS1tNjA3Xzg

If you have any questions, please feel free to message or email me.

[email protected]

Thank again.

wiedemab
06-06-2012, 11:06 AM
Open to offers - - Wayne is out of the country for the remainder of the week, but I've been told that he will entertain offers.

Thanks - Brandon

kochevy67
06-06-2012, 10:24 PM
I know it is a haul for you guys but the Bloomington Gold Corvette show is coming up in St. Charles Illinois. Might be worth the trip.

wiedemab
06-07-2012, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I don't think he's up for having hauled back up north to sell though. I think he'd just like to sell it where it is.

wiedemab
06-27-2012, 10:17 AM
$75K - OBO

with a little more emphasis on the OBO!!! ;)

Also - he is at the Florida house if anyone wants to go look at it, I can get you in touch with him..........Now that the Tropical storm has moved out!!

wiedemab
08-09-2012, 10:11 AM
If someone has an idea of what they think the car is worth and want to make an offer - - have at it!!!!

Thanks,

Brandon

wiedemab
10-17-2012, 08:05 AM
Although I haven't really been given a revised price - -- - I know he is willing to deal on this car. I have an idea of what his bottom dollar would be, so please feel free to make offers.

Thanks again - Brandon

ryeguy2006a
10-18-2012, 03:43 PM
Such a cool car. Way out of my price range though.

wiedemab
10-18-2012, 04:00 PM
Thanks - - it is a really cool car, which needs to go to someone that will freshen it up and appreciate it.

Phaeton
10-18-2012, 07:18 PM
A little different but here you go.

My dad just bought a 1960 all original number matching corvette. 260 hp single carb 4 speed hard top. Was restored 15 years ago and has 4000 miles since restoration. He paid $42,500

Obviously there would be some added value to your dads car. Custom color and fuel injection. What I have found looking at these is 40-50 you can get one that needs restoration. 60-70 you can buy one restored. So like my dad he paid in the 40's it needs to be restored again that's going to cost plenty so who knows. Of course if you put it on Barret Jackson your dad would probably get a million for it.

Good luck and hope it sells for him.

wiedemab
10-18-2012, 07:48 PM
I don't think you are too far with your logic. As you point out, the Fuelie motor and special ordered color make it pretty rare. I know what he paid for it back in 1990 when he bought it. He realizes that it was a fresh restoration back then, but also knows that it isn't a run of the mill Vette either.

Seriously though - -if someone is interested, I can get them in touch with him. You never know what he might say to an offer.

wiedemab
10-20-2012, 11:22 AM
I talked to Wayne and tried to give him some perspective on the potential buyer end of things and what someone may have to spend to get the car back in tip/top condition.

Based on that, he is willing to come off the original asking price by a pretty significant amount.

New asking price - - - $68K

Thanks for any interest.

Brandon

wiedemab
11-03-2012, 11:32 AM
----------------------

$65k

----------------------

wiedemab
11-18-2012, 07:55 PM
My stepdad is giving me some grief (jokingly) about selling my stuff before his!

I thought I'd pop in for a quick bump and remind everyone that he is very open to offers.

Thanks,

Brandon

wiedemab
01-15-2013, 03:46 PM
$60K

Still open to offers.

bulldog19
01-15-2013, 04:14 PM
Brandon have you or he contacted any of the Corvette only dealers like Corvette Mike in Anaheim, California or Pro-Team in Ohio are 2 that come to mind that either may be interested in a rare care such as this or may put you in touch with a buyer for a finders fee? Worth a shot.

wiedemab
01-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Brandon have you or he contacted any of the Corvette only dealers like Corvette Mike in Anaheim, California or Pro-Team in Ohio are 2 that come to mind that either may be interested in a rare care such as this or may put you in touch with a buyer for a finders fee? Worth a shot.

I have not, but I will try to look them up - - -Thanks.

I'm not really all that into Corvettes and don't know that crowd very well. I know that I posted it on one Corvette forum and got black-listed because I wasn't the actual owner...which I understand. My stepdad will never post it for sale online himself (just not technical at all).

Thanks again for the suggestion

imjustjames
01-31-2013, 04:08 PM
gorgeous color