PDA

View Full Version : FAST TRACK 1967-69 Camaro IRS Chassis

Roadster Shop
03-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Introducing the Roadster Shop Fast Track IFS/IRS Camaro chassis. The only full frame, full independent, full performance chassis system on the market for the first Gen Camaro.

Standard Features
• RS Fast Track Front Suspension
• C6 Corvette spindle and Z06 hub assembly
• Adjustable Afco billet coilovers
• 1.25" splined front sway bar with C6 Corvette end links
• Custom fabricated, fully boxed, 10 gage frame rails
• Utilizes all stock body mounting locations, bumper and core support mounts
• Lowered ride height
• Engine mounts for SBC, BBC, or optional LS Motors
• Custom center cross member with adjustable, drop out trans mount
• Mid brace cross member with exhaust ports for up to 3" exhaust
• RS Fast Track Independent Rear Suspension
• Ford 9” based center with C6 Corvette spindle
• Fabricated 1.25” upper and 1.625” lower tubular control arms
• Custom 300M drive axles with machined chromoly 930 CV joints rated at 1,000 HP
• Custom machined 300M, high HP inner and outer stub axles
• 1.25” splined rear sway bar

Performance
• Designed to accommodate a 10” wide front wheel with up to a 295 series tire, and a 12” wide rear wheel with a 345 series tire
• Controlled roll center, matched front to rear, for predictable performance
• Matched front and rear suspension camber curves.
• Built in caster and camber street settings, easily adjustable for track set ups
• Optimal motion ratio for accurate spring ratings yielding comfortable ride and exceptional performance
• Delrin control arm bushings to reduce deflection and maintain suspension settings and ride quality.
• Light weight components for lowest unsprung weight without sacrificing strength
• C6 Corvette spindles, hubs and lower ball joints

• Performance Improvements over Stock Corvette Geometry
o Increased Negative Camber Gains
o Increased Wheel Clearance (to Control Arms)
o Increased Strength
o Drastically Reduced Bushing Deflection

Pricing and additional information can be found on our website at:
http://www.roadstershop.com/products/1967-1969-fast-track-camaro-chassis

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/RS-Perf/Chassis%20Pics/cutcamaroirs3.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/RS-Perf/Chassis%20Pics/cut69camaro1.jpg

http://i563.photobucket.com/albums/ss79/RS-Perf/Chassis%20Pics/camarocut2.jpg

blakes72x
03-29-2012, 03:11 PM
:wow: wow now that is sick!

wish i had the dough i'd love on of these in my nova...one day in the future i'll definately be giving you guys a call :yes:

Roadster Shop
03-31-2012, 12:14 PM
Thanks Blake. We also do build the chassis for the 62-67 Nova currently. The later model Nova chassis is on the list of upcoming projects.

sevillaz28
04-02-2012, 10:25 AM
So, You have a full independent set up ready to go? Whats the lead time if not? I ended up buying another 69 Camaro after decideing not to tear apart my air ride car and now looking for this kind of set up. This looks Bad @SS

Thanks John

RS-Chris
04-02-2012, 12:59 PM
Hi John -
Thanks! - Just give us a call - 847-949-7637 and we can give you an accurate timeline for whenever you are ready for the chassis and how you would like to configure any options you may like.

Chris

DarkoNova
04-02-2012, 06:56 PM
So would this fit a 69 Nova?

I'm assuming you have to remove the stock rear framerails, correct? This is the exact chassis I want for my car, I'm just trying to see if I should attempt to install it myself or just have a shop do it.

RS-Chris
04-03-2012, 09:28 AM
So would this fit a 69 Nova?

I'm assuming you have to remove the stock rear framerails, correct? This is the exact chassis I want for my car, I'm just trying to see if I should attempt to install it myself or just have a shop do it.

Wile we know the X- body and F-body share many areas, we have not yet put the frame under a Nova, so we couldn't say for certain what those similarities are.

Of course, while everything can be made to fit, we just can't yet call it an 'x-body' frame until we have tried it ourselves.

Track Junky
04-03-2012, 10:29 AM
So when I went on your site and checked the options I liked including the box for the rear IRS it came out to about 32K. Sound about right or did I make a mistake somewhere? Just seemed odd that i saw a 15k price and then by the time I put it together I was at 32K. Not that it couldn't be worth that just felt the 15K price tag reeled me in and then at the end I was wowed.

Roadster Shop
04-03-2012, 11:50 AM
So when I went on your site and checked the options I liked including the box for the rear IRS it came out to about 32K. Sound about right or did I make a mistake somewhere? Just seemed odd that i saw a 15k price and then by the time I put it together I was at 32K. Not that it couldn't be worth that just felt the 15K price tag reeled me in and then at the end I was wowed.

Gaetano, when fully optioned, the chassis can get up to $32,000. But there is really no need to try to start controversy. The only way to arrive at the price of $32,000 is by selecting every option/upgrade available for the chassis.

The web site is very clear and there is no intention to mislead. The web site clearly lists the standard features with a Base Price of $15,495 and shows pictures of the base chassis. There are pictures of the IRS chassis that clearly say "Shown with IRS" across the top of the picture.

Our web page has a pricing section labled "Options" after the base price. Every option has a price listed next to it so you can clearly see the cost associated with that upgrade and then make an informed decision as to whether or not you think that fits your needs and budget. I do not see anywhere on our web site, or in this post where we have indicated that a fully loaded chassis with every option costs $15,495

Every one of our competitors has a similar pricing structure on their web site, so I do not feel that you, or anyone should be surprised by how this works. $X for a sub-frame, the $X to upgrade to LS motor mounts, $X to upgrade to adjustable coilovers, $X to add to brakes, etc... heck, even the major car manufacturers have pictures on their web sites showing a picture of a car saying Base Price of $X. By the time you select the packages and options that you want, the price is twice what the Base Price was.

I am sorry if you were mislead, but that is in no way the intention. The chassis as it is shown above is actually $23,790, not $32,000 like you have listed. Please feel free to call or email me directly if you have any other questions.

-Phil

Rick D
04-03-2012, 08:19 PM
What I want to know is where do I get clear floors so I can look at the piece of art work every time I would get into my car :hail: :hail: :hail:

Well I didn't win the lottery so I can't order mine yet. Well do the kids REALLY need to go to collage? :lol: Yah don't let my wife read that.

DarkoNova
04-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Wile we know the X- body and F-body share many areas, we have not yet put the frame under a Nova, so we couldn't say for certain what those similarities are.

Of course, while everything can be made to fit, we just can't yet call it an 'x-body' frame until we have tried it ourselves.

Do you need a 3rd gen Nova to use as a test car? ;)

Track Junky
04-04-2012, 01:11 AM
Thanks Phil. Clearly a great product and I have no doubt it is worth the value. :thumbsup:

sevillaz28
04-12-2012, 07:25 PM
You guys are great. Chris, Thanks for taking the time and going over my next two projects with me and also Thanks to Bryan for doing the same and getting me all of the info I need to get things rolling. I will be making a trip out to you guys in the near future to check the cars you have in your shop and go over a few more details for my two projects.

Thanks, John

RS-Chris
04-13-2012, 09:07 AM
Our pleasure John. Looking forward to working with you. Stop by and we can show you round! :thumbsup:

sevillaz28
04-21-2012, 11:03 PM
So it looks like I will be heading out to you guys at the end of next month to check out the shop and look into getting a couple of frames. Looks like I will be picking up a couple more cars in the near future and I have 3 right now I can get started on.

Thanks again for all the info. See ya soon