PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Cell crash bars help needed.

speedjohnston
02-22-2012, 03:11 PM
I was about to have crash bars installed behind my fuel cell cage and was having trouble finding rules on diameter, where they can be bent or just welded at 90 degree angles etc. Does anyone know where I can find rules, or have links to pictures etc for ideas?

speedjohnston
02-24-2012, 11:23 AM
Bump for help. The bars have to go in next week. :_paranoid

Flash68
02-24-2012, 12:19 PM
Rules for what? If you are basing it on rules, I can assume you are running in or intend to run a certain class where the sanctioning body should have a rule book or guide perhaps?

speedjohnston
02-24-2012, 04:46 PM
I was hoping to run silver state, but I don't think they require it. I was more or less trying to cover any possible sanctioning body I may decide to run in down the road. If someone knew the rules for scca or even nascar, just to get any input would be of great help. I have a good idea of how its going to be built, close to nascar rules, I just can't find them.

Apogee
02-24-2012, 05:24 PM
NASA rules are pretty loose regarding fuel cells, but you can read all about them in their CCR (Club Codes & Rules) document here (http://www.nasaproracing.com/rules). The fuel cell stuff is covered in section 15.4 starting on page 53.

speedjohnston
02-24-2012, 07:44 PM
checked it out. Thanks!