PDA

View Full Version : 30 pages of searching amd nothing. brake help.

game-over
01-01-2012, 11:09 PM
I'm not as a big ballet like some of you guys. I am doing a ls1 swap. I also would like not to kill myself. That being said I would like to covert my 4 wheel DRuM brakes to disc. I dont mind to spend a little more money to.have better brakes... Can anyone gsp me out and point me in the right direction.
For now I want to run my stock 15" wheels for now.

Thanks in advance.

spacepirate
01-01-2012, 11:53 PM
Give Tobin at Kore3 a call or email. He'll lay everything out.

game-over
01-02-2012, 12:18 AM
thank you.. ill check him out..

Musclerodz
01-02-2012, 01:31 AM
very simple change over for front and rear, either machine your spindles or get new one with brake kit. you just need the 11" cheapy brake kits that are straight foward installs to reuse your 15's. everyone sells them

Apogee
01-02-2012, 11:03 AM
thank you.. ill check him out..

Like Mike said, with 15" wheels you're going to be somewhat limited in terms of rotor size, but if you're goal is to just get rid of the drums then the factory disc type options tend to be your best budget oriented solution. If you would like to go with bigger wheels and bigger brakes in the future, then you may want to consider just converting the front drums to disc since the rear drums typically work pretty well and provide for an excellent parking brake.

I don't know what you're working on, year/make/model, but assuming it's something relatively common like a GM A/F/X-body, then you can pick up decent used front disc kits complete for a song sometimes from guys who are going bigger. Everything KORE3 sells is going to require at least a 17" wheel.

Tobin
KORE3

game-over
01-02-2012, 11:21 AM
duh..... i forgot to say..

69 camaro
ls1/6speed
drums all the way around...
i have 71 ss wheels now.. but want the ralley wheels...
and yeah.. for right now i really dont need to go big... the only way im buying wheels is when im putting suspenion on the car.....

http://compare.ebay.com/like/270613237531?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

http://compare.ebay.com/like/170591928182?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&_lwgsi=y&cbt=y

do i need to worry about anything with the brake booster size working with the ls1

game-over
01-02-2012, 11:25 AM
http://camaroforums.com/forum/1st-generation-43/game-over-progression-thread-57879/page3/

thats mine

Apogee
01-03-2012, 09:06 AM
...do i need to worry about anything with the brake booster size working with the ls1.

The booster and master cylinder should be sized for the calipers you're running. Vacuum levels and pad compound play a part as well. The factory single-10.75" booster should be more than adequate for the kits that you linked to, however a dual-8" diaphragm booster is more or less equivalent in terms of boost/gain and provides additional valve cover clearance. I would avoid anything smaller like a dual-7" or single-9" unit myself.