PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding rear brake kit

Fastrun72
12-30-2011, 08:36 PM
Hi... I just installed my new Moser 12-bolt rear in my 1972 Camaro with Hotchkis leaf springs. I have the BIG Ford bearing Flange with 2.5" offset.
I am wanting to install Willwood's 13" Black SL4r #140-9219 kit with parking brake on 18" Rushforth's.... I was told by a Willwood tech that this kit will not work due to my staggered shock set-up and they have nothing for my application.... Is this true??? I have heard that there shouldn't be any issues with the shock positions and would like both calipers rearward facing. Does anyone have a similar set up on their second gen. Camaro or know what options i might have??

Thanks in advance, Jim :lateral:

Wayne S
02-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Give Tobin at Kore3, http://www.kore3.com/contact_info.php , a call or an email. He is a brake genius. They have Vette kits with and without parking brakes for both GM rears and Ford rears using big Torino ends, which you have. I plan on using Ford ends on my 10 bolt for my '70 Camaro, and they have the brackets for mounting them up for 2nd Gens using leaf springs. When you pick a brake package, it has some options at the pull down menus, and one of them is for staggered shocks, which includes 2 LH calipers.

Good luck.

Gatekeeper
02-03-2012, 11:38 PM
I just ordered brackets, pads, parking brake assemblies and brake lines for the C6 Z06 brakes for my Camaro from Tobin today. He was very helpfull and knew exactly what I needed. :hail: