PDA

View Full Version : WOW!.. and I didn't even get interviewed?

tango68ss
12-16-2011, 12:33 PM
Well, a friend of mine was "googling" pro-touring first gens and ran across this article in LSXTV.COM. Other than the fact that my name ain't "Charlie" (it's TC, "Tango Charlie" is the phonetic of my initials), the author got everything else pretty straight! Funny, i was never interviewed... I guess she gleaned her data off of great sites like this one!

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/pro-touring-lsx-68-camaro-nears-finish-after-17-years/

I am very proud to see that my car made someone's radar scope! BTW, she is "almost done". I am hoping to roll her out before the next few weeks and my departure overseas...

TC

SLO_Z28
12-16-2011, 07:58 PM
Thats pretty funny, and very cool, Grats dude!

TheJDMan
12-17-2011, 08:27 PM
So, they did not get your permission to publish your images or information? As cool as it is to have your car on TV how is that legal?

Vegas69
12-17-2011, 08:41 PM
I have to agree, at least get my permission and verify the information.

tango68ss
12-18-2011, 07:46 AM
no idea?! I have attempted to contact the author Ms Fisher but to no avail. I gather that the "fine print" of the internet is to blame... When you post pics on great sites like this one; she does a search; sounds like a good story; and then she obviously took "poetic license" to write an article.

Like I said, I am flattered that she did so, but would have appreciated a phone call to verify the facts BEFORE going to print...

Oh well, the trials and tribulations of social media...

TC

TheJDMan
12-19-2011, 07:58 AM
TC,
I was looking at your build pics, very nice work! If you don't mind me asking, how many hours do you have in that project?

tango68ss
12-19-2011, 04:28 PM
TheJDMan,

Hours??? ... not sure.... I put her into ScreaminPerformance on 4 Dec 10 and she is about one week away from being done... A little over a year. Originally she was only getting "bolt-on" suspension work and an engine transplant, but (as you can see from the pics) alot of rust was found and we had to go in and fix it if the car was going to perform like i wanted.

I could look at all the invoices and see what Brian has done, but I can tell you (like everyone else), that I did double my original budget!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

TheJDMan
12-19-2011, 05:25 PM
TC,
PM sent.

OVRKILL
12-19-2011, 06:07 PM
So, they did not get your permission to publish your images or information? As cool as it is to have your car on TV how is that legal?

I have to agree, at least get my permission and verify the information.

They got me too while trolling around Virginia Speed's shop for a build going on over there. Just showed up one day....took most of the pics from another website.

http://www.lsxtv.com/news/virginia-speed-takes-on-an-incredible-460-ls-build/

Congrats OP....its not a bad thing ;)