PDA

View Full Version : Pro Touring 68 Camaro

clill
12-15-2011, 09:26 PM
I am mentioning this because a friend I met at Hot August Nights is selling his car at Barrett-Jackson for no reserve and it is a great car. It is a Father-Son car and the pair have driven it all over the country. Dad's car that the Son built. If someone wants a good car, this is a good candidate and worth getting bidder credentials for Barrett-Jackson.
http://www.barrett-jackson.com/application/onlinesubmission/lotdetails.aspx?ln=1228.2&aid=443&pop=0

dwilson
12-15-2011, 09:35 PM
great looking car!

WILWAXU
12-16-2011, 03:05 AM
Beautiful car! :thumbsup:

jeff71
12-16-2011, 03:40 AM
I met them in Reno also good people.
The car is super nice and built to drive and they proved its road worthy.

coolwelder62
12-16-2011, 06:59 AM
I like the color.Very cool.:thumbsup:

ironworks
12-16-2011, 08:53 AM
I think I saw that car at Scottsdale or Del Mar a few weeks ago. Looked and sounded pretty nice as it drove by.

ord27
12-16-2011, 02:01 PM
what do yall figure a car like this will bring at auction? north of $60?

hifi875
12-16-2011, 02:05 PM
i would imagine so. very much so.

Rybar
12-16-2011, 03:48 PM
I know he posted on here and pro-touring and also LS1tech Chris442 username.

GLWS it's a sick car.

Spiffav8
12-16-2011, 08:59 PM
Great car!!

Was it in CP a few months back?

Chris442
12-17-2011, 12:39 AM
Thanks, Charley, for putting this up here. Not gonna be thrilled to see this thing go, but it's just gotta happen. We're hoping it'll go for north of $60k, but we'll just see how it goes. Historically, it seems like pro touring stuff has done pretty well there.

We definitely have driven the wheels off the thing since we got it done; it's been worth all the hours and every penny for the fun we've had. One thing I'd say about the car is that things have been all sorted out, so you can just get in and drive.

That would definitely be us that you saw at Goodguys in Scottsdale last month, and that's where the car will be a month from now, of course.

The car has been in Car Craft, but not CP. Turns out that there's going to be a reprint of the CC article in a special CC publication about engine swaps that should be out very soon. It also will be appearing in Hemmings Muscle Machines at some point. Don't know when, but it was shot 8 months ago.

Anyway, even though I'm going to miss the car when it's gone, I'm still looking forward to the experience of selling at Barrett-Jackson. I've been going to the auction since way back in '00, so it will be interesting to get another perspective on it. Boy, have things changed since then. If you're going to be around, I always love talking to other car guys.

If anybody has any questions about the car, don't hesitate to post in here or get in touch with me via PM.

Johnny Wayne
12-17-2011, 08:14 PM
What day will the car be sold during that week? Looks great :thumbsup: Thanks

Chris442
12-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Selling On Sat. Probably about 11:00 or so AM local time. Unfortunately, it won't be on TV.

ord27
12-18-2011, 09:23 AM
thanks for the info Chris. My business partner is considering bidding. If he gets pretty serious about it, I'm sure that he will want to contact you. I hope that's cool with you.

clill
12-18-2011, 10:24 AM
This is exactly why I posted here. There are a ton of pro-touring type cars but how many really work well ? This one I have seen and have seen that they have driven it all over the country. Hopefully it will go to someone that will enjoy it as much as they have.

Chris442
12-19-2011, 11:07 AM
thanks for the info Chris. My business partner is considering bidding. If he gets pretty serious about it, I'm sure that he will want to contact you. I hope that's cool with you.

That'd be great. I'll also add that if anybody is in the Phoenix area leading up to the auction, I'd be happy to show them the car. The only caveat to that is we'll be doing a little bit of cosmetic freshening, so it could be down occasionally in the next few weeks.

This is exactly why I posted here. There are a ton of pro-touring type cars but how many really work well ? This one I have seen and have seen that they have driven it all over the country. Hopefully it will go to someone that will enjoy it as much as they have.

Thanks, Charley. We definitely have not been afraid to put miles on it, and if that's what somebody wants to do with the car, it can do that very well. I hope it finds a good home, too.

tones2SS
12-19-2011, 07:09 PM
Nice looking car. Love the green exterior and the white interior.

Johnny Wayne
12-20-2011, 12:05 PM
What is the ground clearance like on the car? How many inches and where? Thanks ;)

Chris442
12-20-2011, 06:05 PM
What is the ground clearance like on the car? How many inches and where? Thanks ;)

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a35/chris442/DSC_2095.jpg

The front spoiler is just under 6" as it sits.

The lowest point between the axles is the most forward part of the subframe under the passenger compartment at 4" the rear of the subframe is at 4.5". The lowest point of the frame connectors aft of that is also about 4.5".

The crossmember under the engine is also about 4", but it's tough to get under there.

You can see in the picture that there's not much below the frame of the car. The mufflers can be seen a bit in front of the rear axle, but again tough to get under there with the car at ride height. I've never really had much trouble getting over stuff with it, you do have to be a little careful, though. The nice part is you'll scrape the frame before the exhaust.

It's also worth noting that it's on 4 coilovers, so it could be adjusted, too.

MarkM66
01-23-2012, 06:04 AM
Selling On Sat. Probably about 11:00 or so AM local time. Unfortunately, it won't be on TV.

Chris,

Did you more or less get what you expected?

I really like the car. Stance, moldings, engine, etc. :thumbsup:

Chris442
01-23-2012, 09:14 AM
Chris,

Did you more or less get what you expected?

I really like the car. Stance, moldings, engine, etc. :thumbsup:

It was in the neighborhood. Not a spectacular result, but solid money. I feel like the buyer still got a lot of car for the 70k that they paid. Looking at the prices cars of the custom/pro touring type went for I think we did OK. There were some cars that did VERY well, and others that just didn't really go for crazy money. There were cars that went for a just little more than ours that had to have had a lot more in them.

Rybar
01-23-2012, 01:15 PM
Congrats on the sale Chris, I'm pretty sure part of the price it sold had to be the colour green. Now while many love it's looks and originality (And I do) It isn't the best resale colour IMO. Love the car, hope the new owner uses it like intended.