PDA

View Full Version : big brake upgrades?

69nova468
12-03-2011, 02:00 AM
I'm finally looking into upgrading my braking system but I've heard of Clarence problems with Coys wheels. I have 17" coys c-67s all the way around n I'm running stock disc brake spindles. What r my options that won't blow a hole in my wallet?

Apogee
12-03-2011, 07:16 PM
I'm finally looking into upgrading my braking system but I've heard of Clarence problems with Coys wheels. I have 17" coys c-67s all the way around n I'm running stock disc brake spindles. What r my options that won't blow a hole in my wallet?

First, I'm assuming you have a '69 Nova from your user name...please correct me if that is not the case. Most of the Coy's wheels don't have much clearance between the wheel mounting pads and the back of the spokes, so in the case of C5/C6 Corvette type kits, a small wheel spacer will typically be required for adequate caliper clearance. That said, many brake kits change the track width as well, so that should be taken into consideration at the same time. The KORE3 C5/C6 kits are based on the GM short-spindle drum hubs and are ~1/4" narrower than the factory disc setup when installed. This means that you can add a 1/4" spacer for clearance and still have a net zero increase in track width.

Most brake manufacturers offer wheel fitment templates and/or diagrams to check wheel fitment, so that is probably where you should start once you've found something in your price range. Our template are located here (http://www.kore3.com/tech.php#fitment_templates) for download.

Please let us know if you have any questions and/or if we can be of any further service.

Tobin
KORE3

69nova468
12-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I was actually looking into UR kits for my nova. Function n affordable :-)

Sieg
12-04-2011, 03:22 PM
I was actually looking into UR kits for my nova. Function n affordable :-)

I don't think you can go wrong using the Kore3 kit that meets your budget. They're fair and very knowledgable.

69nova468
12-04-2011, 10:14 PM
thanks ima be going with the kore3 kit :-)
also love the idea of being able to get brake pads at any autoparts store for them when i need them big plus:thumbsup: