PDA

View Full Version : Ideas on why "new posts" and "today's posts" no longer work from my IPhone?

Chad-1stGen
11-22-2011, 04:47 PM
This started a few days ago. If I visit the site and try either of these links I get the Sorry no matches please try different search criteria message.

Track Junky
11-22-2011, 04:53 PM
It will only start working again when your project starts to move forward again :lol:

Flash68
11-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry Chad.. just tried it and it works fine for me.

Maybe G-man is onto something... :D

Vegas69
11-22-2011, 06:45 PM
Wouldn't work for me on vacation either. I just figured the lingo stopped while I wasn't stirring the board. :lol:

Chad-1stGen
11-22-2011, 07:01 PM
haha.

At least I got a good laugh in the replies :D

XcYZ
11-22-2011, 07:16 PM
This started a few days ago. If I visit the site and try either of these links I get the Sorry no matches please try different search criteria message.

You had no problems up until a few days ago?

Vegas69
11-22-2011, 07:21 PM
I've had problems everytime I've tried it from my I Phone.

Chad-1stGen
11-22-2011, 09:14 PM
For me it started recently. Last 3-4 days or so.

Pretty sure it started around the time I finally got around to upgrading my IOS but didn't think that could be it.

Flash68
11-26-2011, 03:52 PM
This now doesn't work for me on my iphone starting today... great.

I have iphone 4 and I upgraded to OS 5 last week. Hmmmm

hifi875
01-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Same here it does the same thing on my iPad. All other of my computers does fine. Other forums I visit also work fine when going to new posts

hifi875
01-14-2012, 09:52 AM
Now quick links for todays posts don't work on my iPad. I've logged out to clear cookies but still don't work

Richio1
01-15-2012, 12:05 PM
Now quick links for todays posts don't work on my iPad. I've logged out to clear cookies but still don't work

Same here ... frustrating

camcojb
01-15-2012, 12:12 PM
works fine with a Droid Razr. Sounds like an Iphone/Ipad issue.

cmraman
01-15-2012, 06:05 PM
It hasn't worked on my iPhone for quite sometime.

GregWeld
01-15-2012, 06:54 PM
Just tried this on my iPad and it worked perfectly.... went "checking around" to see if I could get something to NOT work -- and nada -- all worked just as it should.

camcojb
01-15-2012, 06:56 PM
Just tried this on my iPad and it worked perfectly.... went "checking around" to see if I could get something to NOT work -- and nada -- all worked just as it should.

show off............ :rofl:

GregWeld
01-15-2012, 06:57 PM
Okay -- Since I just went to NEW POSTS on my iPad --- I get a report back on my iPhone and MacBook that there are "NO NEW POSTS" --- no doubt the cookie is attached to my login --- and since I've searched/used the new posts link -- that link stays with my login and thus shows me there is nothing new since I last checked.

Does that help??

Vegas69
01-15-2012, 06:58 PM
Its about 90% with my iPhone.

GregWeld
01-15-2012, 07:09 PM
show off............ :rofl:

Oh just wait! You haven't seen my other post yet!

:D

Richio1
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
So what can we do? Do we need to clear cookies each time? The log off then back on doesn't do anything. Suggestions are appreciated.

Didn't have this problem with my 3GS and don't with my new Droid... Just the new iPad. Lat-g needs to fing a fix because it doesn't happen with the other forums. It's impacting the user experience thus causing me to spend less time here.

I'm not an IT kinda guy so I have no suggestions.

hifi875
01-17-2012, 11:25 AM
So what can we do? Do we need to clear cookies each time? The log off then back on doesn't do anything. Suggestions are appreciated.

Didn't have this problem with my 3GS and don't with my new Droid... Just the new iPad. Lat-g needs to fing a fix because it doesn't happen with the other forums. It's impacting the user experience thus causing me to spend less time here.

I'm not an IT kinda guy so I have no suggestions.

Me too. i can do new post on everyother forum and it works. this is the only site that i am having a issue with, and it happens to be my favorite!!

bdahlg68
01-13-2013, 08:13 AM
Anyone find out the cause of this yet? Happens most of the time on my iPhone and iPad.

fleetus macmullitz
01-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Anyone find out the cause of this yet? Happens most of the time on my iPhone and iPad.

Frequently happens on my iPod too.

It happened before Greg Weld learned to multi-quote (of which his family is very proud of him for), so I don't think we can hang this one on him.

This one...

camcojb
01-13-2013, 11:09 AM
It's possible that the I Pad and I Phones don't play nice with the older Vbulletin version we have here. Some seem to have no issues and others do. I've been thinking of updating to a new version of Vbulletin, but that's costly and I'd need to pay someone to do it, as it's pretty complicated to do, especially with all the mods we've done to the site over the years. They would each have to be added back in one at a time.

I'll keep looking and see if there is a simple fix. I don't have an I-anything so I can't do any testing myself.

RdHuggr68
01-13-2013, 11:35 AM
I have the same problem when I use my ipad. I get Lat-G and have no problems but when I try to pull up New Posts Sorry no matches please try different search criteria message. This happens at least 95% of the time.
Kevin

camcojb
01-13-2013, 11:36 AM
maybe we need to ban ipads................ :P

parsonsj
01-13-2013, 11:38 AM
I have similar problems with Safari (Mac) about half the time. Of course, I also had this weird DNS problem (only on Macs and iPad/iPhone) for about 3 months where I couldn't even access the site. Use Windows... all is well.

Vegas69
01-13-2013, 11:40 AM
Never works for me anymore but I say leave it and save the mooolah. :D

camcojb
01-13-2013, 11:50 AM
Never works for me anymore but I say leave it and save the mooolah. :D
I've never used the new posts link on any site I'm on. I can see the new posts by highlighted icons anyway. The only problem is the Apple stuff and smart phones and tablets in general keep growing, and if we don't fix it, it limits the growth of the site.

camcojb
01-13-2013, 12:13 PM
what browsers are you Ipad and Iphone guys using? I'm seeing that the guys using Chrome and Safari are having issues, and others are not. I don't know what options you guys have for browsers. I find this issue on a lot of bulletin boards.

bdahlg68
01-13-2013, 03:32 PM
what browsers are you Ipad and Iphone guys using? I'm seeing that the guys using Chrome and Safari are having issues, and others are not. I don't know what options you guys have for browsers. I find this issue on a lot of bulletin boards.

Trying chrome on my iPhone and so far so good.

camcojb
01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
Trying chrome on my iPhone and so far so good.
thanks for doing that Brian. I seemed to find a lot of guys having issues on all kinds of bulletin boards with the default browser (I believe is Safari). Switching seemed to make it much better.

GregWeld
01-13-2013, 03:59 PM
My guess is it's because Apple doesn't support JAVA... and has removed it from their browser.

I just got back from 3 weeks of using my iPad and iPhone and didn't have any issues reading or posting to the site. But I don't try to do anything fancy with these either... just read or post.

camcojb
01-13-2013, 04:00 PM
My guess is it's because Apple doesn't support JAVA... and has removed it from their browser.

I just got back from 3 weeks of using my iPad and iPhone and didn't have any issues reading or posting to the site. But I don't try to do anything fancy with these either... just read or post.
and multi-quote......... :lol:

GregWeld
01-13-2013, 04:07 PM
and multi-quote......... :lol:

No!! I learned that AFTER I got back!!!

:D

Richio1
01-13-2013, 10:57 PM
Any plans on releasing an App.?

That may help. But I gotta tell ya I hate the PT.com app. Have it but never us it.

I'll try switching my iPad to Chrome if I can.

camcojb
01-14-2013, 06:22 PM
Any plans on releasing an App.?

That may help. But I gotta tell ya I hate the PT.com app. Have it but never us it.

I'll try switching my iPad to Chrome if I can.
definitely a consideration, just haven't got far enough to find out what it will cost yet.

fleetus macmullitz
01-14-2013, 08:05 PM
definitely a consideration, just haven't got far enough to find out what it will cost yet.

So later tonite you'll know, right? :unibrow: