PDA

View Full Version : New shifter from McLeod.. T56

Steve1968LS2
02-12-2006, 07:45 PM
I didn't even know they made shifters until I saw it at their shop (was picking up my clutch). I guess it's been out for little while but I was clueless about it. I was just getting ready to buy a Pro 5.0 and got this instead. I am leaving the shifter handle bare steel and just tossing on some matte clear :)

It's sweet and very flexable since you can mount in either location and there are various offsets available.

There are also three handle shape to fit your need and even they can be positioned in different ways.

Almost a shame to put a boot on it.. lol

TravisB
02-13-2006, 08:34 AM
I didn't even know they made shifters until I saw it at their shop (was picking up my clutch). I guess it's been out for little while but I was clueless about it. I was just getting ready to buy a Pro 5.0 and got this instead. I am leaving the shifter handle bare steel and just tossing on some matte clear :)

It's sweet and very flexable since you can mount in either location and there are various offsets available.

There are also three handle shape to fit your need and even they can be positioned in different ways.

Almost a shame to put a boot on it.. lol

is the cost comparable to Pro 5.0? looks nice and I like the handle options

MarkM66
02-13-2006, 10:40 AM
That would be nice if the engine was set back.

Why does that tranny off two shifter locations?

jski67
02-14-2006, 08:25 PM
I've been looking at those, but info is hard to find.

Do you have a price on one? I'd like to put in on my t-56 to move the shifter a little forward...

Jason

TravisB
02-15-2006, 08:34 AM
I've been looking at those, but info is hard to find.

Do you have a price on one? I'd like to put in on my t-56 to move the shifter a little forward...

Jason

For some reason steve has noticed we have been asking him questions :_paranoid

Bowtieracing
04-20-2006, 02:44 PM
Mee too!!! I need to get my shifter forward a bit!

hapevo
05-02-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey Steve,

Do have the part numbers for the shifter and handles? McLeod is such a royal pain in the butt to get through to for any info.

Thanks!

Ross

TravisB
05-02-2006, 05:05 PM
I have been trying to one for months no one will sell me one

MarkM66
05-03-2006, 10:52 AM
I did a search on Summit's website. They have sereral part numbers, no pictures though. Looks like they won't be availible until the middle of this month. Might be able to call them for more info. :thumbsup:

Steve1968LS2
05-03-2006, 11:15 AM
I have been trying to one for months no one will sell me one

Have you tried Jeff at Classic Chevy 5-speed.. he is in the same building as McLeod :)

Steve1968LS2
05-03-2006, 11:16 AM
For some reason steve has noticed we have been asking him questions :_paranoid

Sorry.. too many spots to keep an eye on.. missed this.. lol

I will drop by McLeod in the next few days and get some info.. they are only 3 miles from my house.. :)

TravisB
05-03-2006, 11:34 AM
Sorry.. too many spots to keep an eye on.. missed this.. lol

I will drop by McLeod in the next few days and get some info.. they are only 3 miles from my house.. :)

thanks steve

MarkM66
08-16-2007, 09:06 AM
So did McLeod ever make these shifters?

I don't see anything on their website about them.

Tom.A
08-16-2007, 09:21 AM

Not sure what specific shifter for the T56 you were looking for but when McLeod sold to B&M they were going to stop making. So Red Roberts (Former owner of McLeod) Bought that product line back from them. He started a company called Driveline Components. His phone number is 714 651-0829. I believe it is just him working there and the shifters are built to order.

Mkelcy
08-16-2007, 09:23 AM

So far as I know, when B&M acquired McLeod, they didn't acquire/want the shifter line, so Red kept it. I think he's selling the shifters, but you'll have to get a contact number for him. You may be able to get a number for him from the McLeod tech line.

MarkM66
08-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Thanks. :thumbsup: