PDA

View Full Version : Ls3 And Vintage Air

LSX69
10-25-2011, 09:01 AM
I'm hoping this is the right place to post this. I recently acquired an an LS3 from a friend and decided to go this route. I had always intended to down the road but the funds were not available so everything I have as of now is for a sbc. My question is I have a vintage air gen 4 with everything still new in the boxes. I still want to run AC in the car but should I sell this kit and get something else? All of the accessory drive kits I see for the ls3 come with compressors so it has me wondering what I can or cant use from this kit. I know I sound ignorant but I really am clueless as I have never installed an AC system or an ls motor. This whole thing is going to be a learning experience but i couldn't pass this up. In your honest opinions is $1400 a good deal for an Ls3 with 7k miles? It does not include the accessories or oil pan but I will need a new oil pan anyway. He built a 418 for his new camaro so they used the accessories and pan. It has the intake and TB but not the fuel rails. I think its still really good for what I got. Anyway, anyone who has any insight into this or has done this swap and is running ac please chime in or pm me. Also any advice as to any hick ups you ran into that may help. Thanks guys!

elco
10-25-2011, 10:09 AM
$1400 is almost too good to be true for a LS3 with 7K. You can use your Vintage Air compressor with this bracket: http://www.kwikperf.com/lsx_ac.html

LSX69
10-25-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah, That's how I felt. I started thinking maybe it wasn't the deal I thought so that is why I asked. He is a great friend and fortunately for me he just wanted it out of his garage so he would have more room for his car. Thank you so much for the info on the bracket! It looks like I can still use my kit now.

dhutton
10-25-2011, 11:28 AM
That VA kit will be fine with the above bracket. You just have to decide which accessories you are going to run before you order it. I'm not too far from you in Argyle and I've installed a couple of these so PM me if you get stuck.

Don

LSX69
10-25-2011, 11:45 AM
I'm in argyle almost every week. You may become my new best friend with this install lol. My car is actually in a hanger over at propwash airport in Justin if you are familiar with that area. I haven't decided on which accessories I'm going to use yet. I understand it is best to go with as much gm parts as possible so I think I will go that route. I will PM you soon. Thanks again guys!

tmadden
10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
Hey can corral some of that help after the 1st of the year?

dhutton
10-26-2011, 12:21 PM
Hey can corral some of that help after the 1st of the year?

If you are asking me I would be happy to help out a fellow Texas member. Just send me a PM.

Don