PDA

View Full Version : RS/SS headlights???

evilzee28
02-09-2006, 07:54 AM
How well do the headlights work on a '69 Camaro RS/SS with the headlight doors closed?, is much vision lost? If fitted with hi-power bulbs is it possible to use them closed permanenetly? I've a customer that has them fitted to his car but does not have all of the door actuation mechanism, hence they're permanently shut. As the car's in his garage he's unable to see how well they'd work closed, thanks. :)

XcYZ
02-09-2006, 08:38 AM
Nigel, that's something I've been wondering too. With the intercooler mounted in my car, the doors can only open 3/4 of the way. I'm pretty concerned about it, so with you, I'm also interested in hearing how it works with the doors closed with bright headlights.

Rick Dorion
02-10-2006, 06:13 AM
Not that I recommend this :) but I've driven my car many times at night with the doors closed and been able to see ok. Of course, it's not the same as having the doors open!

evilzee28
02-10-2006, 07:53 AM
Wasn't Jody gonna run his with his doors closed because of the intercooler??
Rick, how much worse was it?Thanks :)

4mm
02-10-2006, 04:20 PM
IMO, the light output is usable during the night, but barely enough. The output is significantly reduced but you can get away with it, after a while you get used to it. BTW, my 69 has the DSE bright lights.

evilzee28
02-11-2006, 12:46 AM
Thanks for the replies, is it barely enough with the DSE bright lights or was that with the stockers ?? :)