PDA

View Full Version : Albert Melchior and Carbon Kustoms

rob_kibbe
10-14-2011, 10:02 AM
This week's featured guest was Albert Melchior. Tom Ferrington introduced him to me at the Columbus Good Guys show - so I owe you one, Tom!

Albert's a genuinely cool person, loves the hobby, and revealed a lot of what has gone into creating Carbon Kustoms. Hope you enjoy it. His segment starts at just after the 15-minute mark if you;d like to jump right to it. Just before that is the Prize Segment - and I now have a contest running to win a $200 Gift Certificate from COMP Cams!

http://www.themusclecarplace.com/the-musclecar-place-podcast-episode-105-albert-melchior-and-carbon-kustoms

http://www.themusclecarplace.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/albert_3-e1318553383454.jpg

Thanks!
Rob K

57hemicuda
10-19-2011, 07:37 AM
Hey I know that guy! I here he wears pink panties. I'm just saying.

dropit69
10-19-2011, 10:47 PM
"Hey i know that Dude "......talking like Spicolli from Fast Times..lol

Chevy Kid
11-17-2011, 05:30 AM
Quick story about Albert.

My family and I were on vacation and happened to be staying at the host hotel for RTTC this year in Irvine. It was a crummy day, and most were out on the cruise on Friday night. My 5 year old son and I were in the parking lot after dinner checking out the few cars that were there. I didn't know who Albert was, but we introduced ourselves. Within no time, we're talking cars and he tells my son "come over here and check this out." He slides Jack behind the wheel of his Camaro, and tells me to jump in so he can take pics, laughing the whole time! Now for those of you that have seen his white Camaro, this is no low dollar effort. He didn't even know us and immediately treated us like family.

I have taught my son to "not touch" cars at a show. Albert told him "touch it, ya can't hurt it!" Very generous guy. My son still talks about that day.

Tim

GregWeld
11-17-2011, 03:36 PM
That's our beloved Albert summed up right there!

Nice post BTW. Hope son is now hooked for a life of car stuff....:cheers:

Chevy Kid
11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Oh he is hooked!

He's like my right arm at car shows and cruise nights. In fact, I'm otherwise known at these events as "Jack's Dad".

Tim

tazzz2_ca
11-17-2011, 04:25 PM
Quick story about Albert.

My family and I were on vacation and happened to be staying at the host hotel for RTTC this year in Irvine. It was a crummy day, and most were out on the cruise on Friday night. My 5 year old son and I were in the parking lot after dinner checking out the few cars that were there. I didn't know who Albert was, but we introduced ourselves. Within no time, we're talking cars and he tells my son "come over here and check this out." He slides Jack behind the wheel of his Camaro, and tells me to jump in so he can take pics, laughing the whole time! Now for those of you that have seen his white Camaro, this is no low dollar effort. He didn't even know us and immediately treated us like family.

I have taught my son to "not touch" cars at a show. Albert told him "touch it, ya can't hurt it!" Very generous guy. My son still talks about that day.

Tim

What can I say other than thank you,,, your son looked so excited & happy behind that wheel that I have to be honest here it really made my day... We'll keep an eye out for you out at the event this March and who knows, maybe we can put a smile on dads face too with a little romp in one of the new rides ;-)...

tazzz2_ca
11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
That's our beloved Albert summed up right there!

Nice post BTW. Hope son is now hooked for a life of car stuff....:cheers:

Thanks Greg...

coolwelder62
11-17-2011, 05:09 PM
I would like to Give My Pal Albert the 1ST.ever ( Peach of the Year Award.)Albert is one of the Most generous guy's you will ever meet as a car guy.I hope everyone here at Lateral-g & Pro-Touring.com get the chance to meet him.We will turly change your Life.Thank's Bud.:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Chubby.